See the Spanish dog breeds

When I was getting into the dogs, then years ago, I learned good things about this magazines, and they showed the national breeds from spain.

They are really pretty so I wanted to share the breeds whit all whit the pics from a site.

In the lefth is the name of the breed in spanish and in the right the translation.

Note that in some regions of spain DON'T speak spanish like in the cataluña provience where they speak "catala" in majorca "mojorquin" there inted of saying "perro" (dog) is "ca"

Mastin español / mastin leones spanish mastiff / leones mastiff

Ca de bestiar / pastor mallorquin
dog of the beasts / malloquin shepherd

Alano español
spanish alano

They are many more breeds guys, I', going to post them in this days.

Last edited:
Ca de bou

Mastin de pirineo pyreniess mastiff (this is a differnt breed form the great pyreness)

Perdiguero de burgos burgos hound

Presa canario / dogo canario

Gos D' atura 'catala

Perro de agua español spanish water dog

Pastor Garafiano garafiano shepherd

More breeds tomorrow guys, hope you enjoy this ones

Cassiepeia

Chihuahua Mum
I LOVE Spanish Mastiffs. They're one of my dream breeds. :D Sadly, not really available down here. **cries**

Love the Mallorquin, Presa, Alano and Ca de bou as well. Oh and I've never heard of the Pastor Garafiano, thankyou for introducing me to it. :) What a stunning animal in that picture. I'm off to search for more info on the breed.

Cass.

BostonBanker

Very neat! Thanks for posting those. The second dog down (the black one) is gorgeous.

Is it just the "breed type", or is that Spanish Mastiff incredibly obese?

Very neat! Thanks for posting those. The second dog down (the black one) is gorgeous.

Yeah, all the spanish mastiff are like that.

Here are more of mastiff.

The perdiguero de burgos looks is pretty rare, like a cross of a bloodhound and a german pointer LOL!!

Galgo español spanish greyhound

pachon navarro look at that WAY unique nose O-o

Cassiepeia

Chihuahua Mum

Spanish Mastiffs have this unique double dewlap which is probably what you were looking at. Although to be honest, I really do think that first one is too fat (or bred way too short and solid) for my liking.
I love the Mastiffs on this particular page and would love to own one like this one day http://www.spanishmastiff.org

Cass.

Brattina88

I'm liking that spanish Mastiff too! and I really like the look of the garafiano shepherd!
The Old Spanish Pointer has such a -er- uniquie looking nose! Can anyone explain that one to me?? :eek:

More ??? :D

BostonBanker

The dewlap was definitely part of what I was looking at, although even taking that into consideration, it still looks pretty heavy to me. I can't imagine him chasing a wolf off of a flock!

I really like the look of this female from the page you linked:
http://www.spanishmastiff.org/isis.html

They do seem to be really neat dogs - I'd never heard of them prior to this thread!

Cassiepeia

Chihuahua Mum
The dewlap was definitely part of what I was looking at, although even taking that into consideration, it still looks pretty heavy to me. I can't imagine him chasing a wolf off of a flock!

I really like the look of this female from the page you linked:
http://www.spanishmastiff.org/isis.html

They do seem to be really neat dogs - I'd never heard of them prior to this thread!
Oh yeah Isis is gorgeous. I love how rich her colouring is too. :D

Cass.

I don't have an idea for that nose of the spanish pointer, but that nose is a little ugly XD

Podenco andaluz andalician hound

Podenco canario canary hound

Podenco ibicenco ibizan hound

Sabueso español spanish hound, they look like bassets whit longer legs O-o

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Such interesting dogs! I kept thinking of how they would end up getting mislabeled if for some reason any of them ever ended up in a shelter here in the US.

Members online

No members online now.