Sea Monkeys!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Haha so, a friend of mine came by with a bunch of spare office supplies for my space, so I wouldn't have to buy so many. She also said she had a gift for me... it was a Sea Monkeys kit. :rofl1: She wanted me to have a desktop pet that was low maintenance for my pet business. I cracked up. She got me the set with the magic castle. I'm such a fairy princess.

So, I've never had Sea Monkeys/brine shrimp before. Reading the internet is both amusing and confusing. If you go to sites specific to "Sea Monkeys", they claim that you HAVE TO USE THE WATER PURIFIER AND GROWTH FOOD RELIGIOUSLY and if you go to brine shrimp sites, obviously care is much easier since they're raised as fish food. :rofl1:

Anyone ever had them? I'm guessing after the initial pouches are gone, I can just get some powdered spirulina or something and if I need to re-prep the water, I can use rock salt? I have the water prepping now. :D

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I've never had the pleasure of having sea monkeys :(

I was obviously deprived as a child because of this...

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I've never had the pleasure of having sea monkeys :(

I was obviously deprived as a child because of this...
Where the hell have you been, woman. <3

I never did either. I've had friends who successfully raised them for years and friends who had them and failed to get them going. I'll be curious if these are a success or not. :D Regardless, it's a fun desktop experiment that I don't have to put much thought into.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Where the hell have you been, woman. <3

I never did either. I've had friends who successfully raised them for years and friends who had them and failed to get them going. I'll be curious if these are a success or not. :D Regardless, it's a fun desktop experiment that I don't have to put much thought into.

Ive been hiding :p

nah jk just been busy with life :)

ACooper

One of my boys had sea monkeys a few years back (probably a thread around here! LOL)

I'm with Psy....you don't have to use a water purifier, but definitely dechlorinated water and the salt!

So if memory serves, I'm fairly sure we used the purifier to begin and then bottled water when it needed topped off (dehydration) and sea salt from my cabinet :)

Members online