She's Perfect.

She really really is.

I was so worried about adding another dog with Traveler. That I wouldn't love her as much, that it would negatively affect Traveler and I and that she wouldn't live up to the giant shoes that Traveler is still wearing.

Well, she has. She's just so different from him but in all the right ways. She's nothing like he was as a puppy. They both have the same fearlessness but she has this extra fight in her that just makes me laugh. She's afraid of nothing and ready to take it all on.

When she meets other strange dogs she's right up there in the middle saying hi, running and barking and jumping in strangers laps. No hesitation, no worry just 'I'm here. I'm awesome. Lets have fun!'

She's so loving and follows me around, sleeps on top of me, pokes me until I'll play and comes running over to me with all this enthusiasm. She on everything, she's into everything and if it can possibly be made to fit in her mouth it will go in there. She jumps up and hangs off shirts, pants, hair anything and tugs like her life depends on it. She talks back, she is relentless, she never ending and she's perfect.

There really is no point to this thread, I was just looking at her thinking that she's exactly what I needed. She's so different from Traveler in all the best ways but so similar in all the best ways.

I kinda like her a lot.

IMG_8210 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Red.Apricot

That's so good to hear!

I've always said I'm a one dog person, because Elsie and I just click so well... you're making me think maybe someday. :]

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Aww, that's so sweet. I can imagine she's very much a different dog than Traveler, which has got to make a great team!

Now pictures. More pictures as always ;)

That's so good to hear!

I've always said I'm a one dog person, because Elsie and I just click so well... you're making me think maybe someday. :]
You have no idea how nervous and worried I was. Traveler is just....Traveler and I really worried she wouldn't be as great. No more worries now! I love going out with her alone as much as I love going out with Traveler alone and the two of them together just makes it even more fun.

elegy

overdogged
I kind of love her too and I haven't even met her :D

I am so glad that she's fit in so well and that she's just as amazing as you'd hoped.

I am so fascinated by how different Bean is from Puppy!Steve. They're cousins and in some ways they're very similar, but at the same time, they are so incredibly different.

Toller_08

She sounds like such a great little girl. I am so glad that she's fit in so well and that all of your worries were for nothing. I know you were pretty concerned before she came home. :)

I kind of love her too and I haven't even met her :D

I am so glad that she's fit in so well and that she's just as amazing as you'd hoped.

I am so fascinated by how different Bean is from Puppy!Steve. They're cousins and in some ways they're very similar, but at the same time, they are so incredibly different.
There needs to be more Bean stories (and you need to go post in the puppy thread I made!). How's he different from Steve?

She sounds like such a great little girl. I am so glad that she's fit in so well and that all of your worries were for nothing. I know you were pretty concerned before she came home. :)
And you got to listen to all my stories. So thanks for that!

I want a Koolie. Stop it. Now.

This is awesome!
:)

I had a dream the other night that I was walking a herd of Koolies and there was a Mal in there. It made me laugh.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I'm so glad you love your little girl! She sure is cute.

BostonBanker

It is amazing when you find the perfect pair. I was so terrified about adding Gusto for all the reasons you stated. When it's the right dog, all the love and obsession and perfect partnership just stretches itself right out to fit the newbie in.

Good girl Didgie :)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
It's incredible. Knox is closely related to Apollo, but he is SO DIFFERENT.

I'm hoping nameless girl will be as perfect a fit with Knox as Didgie and Trav are together! :D

It is amazing when you find the perfect pair. I was so terrified about adding Gusto for all the reasons you stated. When it's the right dog, all the love and obsession and perfect partnership just stretches itself right out to fit the newbie in.

Good girl Didgie :)
That's really really what it's like. She's so different but so perfect and funny with so much sass. I was so afraid I would have to force myself to do things with her without Traveler and that's not at all how it is

It's incredible. Knox is closely related to Apollo, but he is SO DIFFERENT.

I'm hoping nameless girl will be as perfect a fit with Knox as Didgie and Trav are together! :D
I'm getting a huge kick out of how different Didgie and Zinga are. I can't wait to get them together again

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
This is a very reassuring thread!!! My dog has spoilt only child syndrome and I really really want to add another, but also really really don't want to spoil how things are....

Lovely :)

Members online