[/IMG]

this was her first day in the pool

[/IMG]

nancy2394

just a couple more pictures

she fell asleep with her head all tucked under with her toy

[/IMG]

she played for a while and fell back asleep with her toy

this is her most recent picture from the other day..... what kind of dog does she look like??? I will submit a picture of the momma dog next... then maybe you can get a better idea of what mix she might be.

[/IMG]

here's momma dog

[/IMG]

tcreed

She is adorable!!! Is she a JRT? I can't really tell from the pics.

nancy2394

not sure what mix she is

when my neighbor took the momma dog to the vet he said she looked like she had jack russel in her. I personally see a lot of chihauah (sp?) traits in the momma dog. I think my pup favors the tramp on lady and the tramp only instead of gray mine is that red color. I really have no idea... and would love it if someone could definitively say "hey, she resembles a ......." So, i guess i will still refer to her as my Heinz 57 dog...lol

did you see the picture of the momma dog i posted with my puppy pictures? maybe that picture will be easier to see what she might be a mix of since it is so hard to tell in puppies.

M

Manchesters

Oh Boy

Heaven help you......momma looks very much like a Basenji! Exactly like a Basenji. If so, you have your work cut out for you!!! Bless your heart, rofl.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Cute puppy! I have 4 housebreakers from H-E- double hockey sticks. The mom definetely resembles a jack russell though (atleast I think) maybe a corgi too, I don't know why but the word corgi just popped into my head.

nancy2394

when you said heaven help me if she's got besinji in her.... what exactly do you mean by that? Should I be wishing I never got her...lol. I went and looked up besinji's and the momma dog definately looks just like them only a tad bit smaller. I think momma dog looks a lot more like a besinji than she does a jack russel. I can't see the resemblence to a jack russel... maybe it's the color and markings that don't look the same.. i don't know. I went to this one web site that dedicates a whole page to the destructive behavior of besinji's..... I'm scared.......lol

Adrienne

That is the sweetest little pup! Those pictures are just darling, especially the one with the flower toy, all tuckered out!

I believe Manchester was referring to the breeds characteristics to be a bit of a handful, especially for the unknowing dog owner. Does the pup bark at all? Basenji's aren't supposed to bark from what I understand. I saw one at the beach the other day. Felt so bad for it, the owners literally drug it into the water. I wish I could have put a leash on the owner and drug them into something they were scared of! Good luck with your pup, she's definetly a keeper!

nedim

Definately some corgi in her. She looks almost identical to Peanut. The paws, mouth, ears and shape of the head yell corgi to me.

poeluvr

Adrienne said:
That is the sweetest little pup! Those pictures are just darling, especially the one with the flower toy, all tuckered out!

I believe Manchester was referring to the breeds characteristics to be a bit of a handful, especially for the unknowing dog owner. Does the pup bark at all? Basenji's aren't supposed to bark from what I understand. I saw one at the beach the other day. Felt so bad for it, the owners literally drug it into the water. I wish I could have put a leash on the owner and drug them into something they were scared of! Good luck with your pup, she's definetly a keeper!
o lol. i have done that too my dog only to see if he liked the water cuz he was never around it. he didnt mind it swammfor about 30 seconds following me, then going after asegal ,then though headed back to shore....now since he knows wat water is i let him go if he wants on his own.

nancy2394

Lola did pretty good today. She had one poop accident on my carpet and peed once all down the front of me. The pee was not her fault.... my daughter felt it was necessary to scare her with the vaccuum cleaner as I was loving on her in my recliner. So, all in all.... I think she's doing really well now. Who would have thought a simple little thing like taking the kennel door off would make such a big difference. We're really not doing anything different as far as taking her out and her normal routine. The only thing I can say that we are making a point to make sure we do is to really really praise her when she does her business outside and make sure we give her a treat each and everytime. I had to resort to giving her pieces of a treat cuz I don't want her to get too big with a treat every time she pees or poops outside. She even cuddled with me in my bed this morning for a few hours and went to sleep. No waking up to pee pee all over my night gown like I have in the past...lol.

Oh, and she does bark, but she also does this yodel thing that almost sounds like a cross between a bark and a howl. Her momma looks just like a besenji. I can't really say I see the corgi in her that someone mentioned except maybe the rounded ears. And although some say she looks like jack russel... i just can't see the similarity there either. Who know... it doesn't really matter... she's just so cute and I have truly been in her life from the first little breath she ever took. She was the first pup born out of the litter.

nancy2394

how do you guys make those really cool pictures with your dogs in them for your background thing on your postings. They are really cool looking and I'd love to be able to do it with my pets.

Members online

No members online now.