No Kennel!!

Brattina88

The idea of so many dogs near his home has Herman fearing for the safety of his two sons, who are 7 and 16.
People are so dumb :rolleyes:

I do disagree with them breeding Godlens and Pekes, though

I wonder how this will turn out. 5.5 acres compared to my current back yard is... like... WoW :lol-sign:

A

Angel Chicken

Yeah, I was up in Newton the other day and these signs were in every yard on Highway 10. I asked Ralph what he thought the signs were for, and he said "Maybe it's the town saying where people can and cannot put kennels?".

I disagree with all of it myself, people around here are nothing but money-hungry rednecks, and if it means making a quick buck, they'll do it.

I see a BYB in the future, if this gets passed...

Oh Brother Suck it up people. I wouldnt tell anyone that i was going to have dogs. its not there business.

A

Angel Chicken

In the town of Newton, it is everyone's business when the houses are a stones throw away. Literally EVERY building that is built there has to go through City Council first. All the houses are so close knit, I don't blame the people for concern.

Luckily, I live in Claremont, I don't have to deal with this crap...

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Personal thoughts aside, if there is a city ordinance that says that there must be a hearing with neighbors, the City Council broke the law by granting permission for this kennel. The kennel is a commercial endeavor in a residentially zoned area, and that would mean residential zoning cannot be changed without notifying residents within a certain distance of hearings on the subject.

Oh Brother Suck it up people. I wouldnt tell anyone that i was going to have dogs. its not there business.
At one point those 36 dogs are going to have to be let outside to do their business. No one in a residential neighborhood is going to like being woken up at 7am because someone needs to let their bajillion dogs out.

I worked at a vet clinic that also did boarding--the clinic was also in a residential area. People would come to me on the weekends asking if I could keep them quiet after letting a group of dogs out. Ummm... how?!? But I felt their pain, who wants to be woken up to barking dogs on a weekend?

bubbatd

I agree with Fruit Bat ..... they may be trying to stop a Puppy Mill .... I know many who own and kennel many Goldens , but they show and breed . Looks like this guy is after the big bucks ..... for a popular big breed and a popular small breed . I can see Goldenpekes in the future.

Members online

No members online now.