question

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i seldom leave victor home alone..alone being alone with mary in my bedroom..not alone alone..but when i do lately he takes hunks out of my mattress. I do not want to kennel him, he has had enuff of that and would pure d panic. His reaction to the bathroom is the same so somewhere along the line someone made him spend time in both and it terrifies him. He has chew bones and toys..suggestions? He was only in there for less then 20 minutes.

Saje

Island dweller
Bitter apple on the bed and a stuffed kong or puzzle toy or something equally amusing?

Maybe if you got one of those plastic mattress covers and put it over the bed when you leave . . . get the next larger size so you can just put it over the bedclothes.

I'd think he's probably focusing on the bed because that's where your scent is the strongest.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
oh my invisible..i do not think their is a way in the whole wide world to tire this dog out..he can run for 2 hours at the dog park and still go over to Kelly's and play with her coon hounds the rest of the afternoon..they have dubbed him Vigorous Victor! I know he is doing it because he is angry at being left. I will try the mattress cover, but i am sure he will go thru that too..he removed two comforters and two sheets to get to the mattress. He knows he is not suppose to and shoots out of the room when i open the door with that look...(the one in my gallery) I think the bitter apple spray might do it..i will pick some up today..thanks Saje..i didn't think about that.

Doberluv

What about a great big play pen type thing where he can see out and have his chew toys and bed? To get it big enough so he doesn't feel trapped, you may have to make it yourself. I don't know what's on the market. He may still bite at that but it would slow him down before he gets to your good stuff. You could maybe find one made of metal squares.

Invisible

:)
smkie said:
oh my invisible..i do not think their is a way in the whole wide world to tire this dog out..he can run for 2 hours at the dog park and still go over to Kelly's and play with her coon hounds the rest of the afternoon..they have dubbed him Vigorous Victor! I know he is doing it because he is angry at being left. I will try the mattress cover, but i am sure he will go thru that too..he removed two comforters and two sheets to get to the mattress. He knows he is not suppose to and shoots out of the room when i open the door with that look...(the one in my gallery) I think the bitter apple spray might do it..i will pick some up today..thanks Saje..i didn't think about that.
Vic is the one in your sig right? He is a beautiful dog and I guess he's a hunting dog so he would have tons of energy. I hope the apple spray works.

Invisible

LEA said:
o invisible nice signature!! how did you do that?
Gaddy made it for me. I picked out the background picture and she resized it and made it for me. Isn't it awesome!!

Members online

No members online now.