Vancouver - situation recommendations asap pls

I checked into the YWCA hotel two nights ago - i was advised that I couldn't stay for long due to me not having a credit card to check in with and being a local resident. Most other hostels/hotels won't take someone in that sort of situation I was advised by the YW manager. I don't have enough cash to support living out of hotels anymore anyway...

So I am out crusing now - with not an incling of what I should be doing now. I've called up a few rooms for rent but they've yet to get back to me, friends are mostly out of town but the ones that are in town are burnt out or have full houses already - so they aren't options. I've applied for a sofa on couchsurfing.com to no avail yet - and I'm currently looking for a job waitressing/subway/starbucks/whatever to bring in some cash.

Question is though - what do I do for tonight/right NOW?? please offer suggestions - I need as many as I can get. Btw I'm in Vancouver BC Canada - not Vancouver WA. Many many thanks everyone <3

No offence but shelters aren't an option for me - I'll sleep in a 24 hr cafe or take other measures before I go to a shelter - especially the ones here.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
That's totally your right, but you don't have many options right now.

What about contacting one of the hostels and ask if you could work in exchange for housing?

Hostels apparently won't take in local residents/those without credit cards. I'll try to call though...

I know I don't have many options but I'm not letting myself go into a shelter - I just can't bear even the idea of it.

Sorry I don't have anything constructive to add on the housing front, but if the shelters there are anything like some of the ones here . . . well, the people running some of them are . . . predatory. Even more so than some of the people who hang out there. It's terrible that it's so difficult to find a safe haven when you're up against the wall.

Eta for everyone - I'm going into "covenant house" tonight. I don't know what to expect or how things will go but it looked like the most decent immediate option.

Members online

No members online now.