Bully Stick & Pukey Dog

ParkerBarker

Go K-State Wildcats!!!
So, my dog loved his first bully stick. He chewed for about 15 minutes strait (a record for his attention span :)) and then he threw up. He has a very sensitive tummy. The vet says it's nerves since he is a rescue. I am very careful to feed him sensitive tummy food, and he gets pretty bland treats, but I love that he was so intent on chewing on his bully stick (and not me)...any ideas for bully stick alternatives?

ACooper

Well if he loved it, I would be SURE that is what caused the puking before I banned them, LOL. Had he eaten anything else besides that? IDK, personally, I'd have to give it at least one more chance before I outlawed them, LOL

And no, I don't have a bully stick alternative, maybe someone else will??? :)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I agree, some dogs can only have particular brands of chews, and other brands will make them hurl. I found that out with my sister's dogs and pig ears... only a few are okay, the rest make at least one of them sick.

You could try lamb ears, too. They are not going to be as entertaining for as long as a bully stick and probably won't clean teeth as well, but lamb ears are generally a little easier on tummies.

winniec777

peanutbutterrocks
I've had luck with Merrick's flossies - the curl keeps her engaged longer and there's practically no odor. Some of the bullies I used to get for her were pretty stinky and had been treated with something that would upset her tummy.

Members online

No members online now.