not sure what to think

ok, maybe this isnt serious but its wicked embarrasin.

a few weeks ago my puppy was "humping " a teddy and i posted about it in

global paw and they said that she was showing dominate behavior to the

teddy and she was showing it who was boss. she didnt do it again but now i

see her doing it to our female husky. is this the same case or is my little girl

hitting peuberty at 5 months? any info would b great. :confused:

Saje

Island dweller
This is not embarrassing at all. It a little awkward if you've never talked about it but no worries we ALL know what that's like.

If she isn't spayed yet it's probably a hormonal and dominance thing. Getting her spayed will take care of a lot of the behaviour. She will probably always dominate in that way but you can teach her an off command and I'm sure that will help. :D

Puppylove, don't be embarrassed. You have no idea how many threads there are here about the very same thing! :D

At five months, her hormones are beginning to stir up already. Like Saje said, go ahead and get her spayed and you should be home free almost all the time. You may have to train her a bit since she's already learning the habit, and she may try it occasionally when she's feeling like no one appreciates her enough, but the worst of it should go away.

The only other thing you should be aware of is to make certain she doesn't have any kind of urinary tract infection. That can cause irritation and itching which will trigger the humping behavior.

Members online

No members online now.