Kitty Car Ride! - PICS!

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
My husband and I took the whole crew to Petsmart early this week. By "whole crew", I mean Whitacre, Ticheli, and Morgan. Ticheli had been an absolute pain in the butt the previous few days, so this is like taking little kids to the zoo to wear them out. They LURVE it! Anywyas, there aren't many pictures of Morgan in the bunch, since he rides in the far back of the car. So most of the pics taken were of the kitties. And we didn't take pictures inside Petsmart, because I get nervous carrying the camera and taking photos in a store seemed weird.

Anyways... I'll post what few pics of Morgan there are in GDC. For now, though, Whitacre and Ticheli!

Are we there yet? (Ticheli)

They sit like this for the majority of the ride. I'm serious!

Are we there yet? (Whitacre)

*MORE*

J's crew

Wow! Great pics! :D

I cannot ever even imagine a time my cats would like a car ride. Kudos to you for some obvious time & dedication. :)

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Wow! Great pics! :D

I cannot ever even imagine a time my cats would like a car ride. Kudos to you for some obvious time & dedication. :)
I wish I could take credit for that time and dedication... but honestly, the cats taught themselves. LOL! They love the car. I can't explain it!

The story starts with the ride home from the humane society with them, and they were each in those temporary cardboard carriers that the shelters use. The whole ride home in those things they SCREAMED and SCREAMED! My husband and I were afraid of what we had gotten ourselves into, but when we got home they were just fine. Not another peep.

On their first ride to the vet a couple days later, we put them in the plastic pet taxi we bought for them. Again, they screamed and fussed during the ride, so I climbed into the backseat and opened the door to the carrier. All I was going to do was put my hand in there to reassure them, but they both leaped out of the carrier, sat down on the seats, looked out the windows, and never made another sound. That was all they wanted, apparently. :lol-sign:

Now, they go NUTS when their harnesses come off the leash hooks! They can barely contain themselves they get so excited! They'll even jump in and out of the car on their own and without help.

Our neighbors probably think we are insane. :D

Very cute pictures!!! Love the 3rd one!

When we moved to our new house, we had one of those dog mesh things to block off the back of the van with the front..and we obviously didn't have enough carriers for ALL 20 of our cats (All rescued and all spayed and neutered ;)), so we just put them all in the very back (Except our feral..who was in a carrier)...They did very well :)

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
LOL, I think thats great! Oh well, we are all weird in our own ways. :p
Oh I know. I'm not ashamed. :D

It's fun walking the cats around the block, though. When you walk a puppy, people come at you from all angles trying to play with/pet the puppy. When you walk a cat, people will sometimes go as far as to cross to the other side of the street as if you have some sort of psycho-disease.

The pet store employees love the kitties, though. They see so many dogs that come through the store that they get really excited when our well-behaved kitties come to visit. :)

Very cute pictures!!! Love the 3rd one!

When we moved to our new house, we had one of those dog mesh things to block off the back of the van with the front..and we obviously didn't have enough carriers for ALL 20 of our cats (All rescued and all spayed and neutered), so we just put them all in the very back (Except our feral..who was in a carrier)...They did very well
Thanks!

Wow, that is a lot of cats! They must be a handful! :) Sounds fun, though!

Members online