Would you Guys feed this?

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
This is what I feed Gus, There are'nt lots of brands of dog food here in France but this is the most expensive (I know this doesn't mean it's the best!!) But I figure it has to be better than Supermarket own brands!!

http://www.caninehealthnutrition.com/maxiadult.htm

Just want to know what everyone elses opinion is! Find it all a bit tricky! :confused:

Saje

Island dweller
I fed their big puppy formula to maverick for quite awhile. But no, I don't think it's the best. Probably better than a lot of options though.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Thing is i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place! This is the best available, but it's not the best I could be giving my dog! So where do I go from here? Do I start to import dog food?!! Plus Gus likes it! He's a very picky dog food eater!

Saje

Island dweller
Well, I don't know for sure that it's bad. Mordy really is the one to ask. Have you ever thought of feeding a natural diet - raw diet? Many people like CreatureTeacher and Love4Pits swear buy it and I'm sort of working my way over to it. It's really hard for me to get the brands that I want up here too.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Would love to!!! But I can't get all the oils and vitamin suppliments!!!!!

Saje

Island dweller
Really? You are in a tough spot. I'm going to let Mordy help you then. I have nothing more constructive to add.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Have you seen the film Heidi, where she lives in a shack in the mountains? well that's me!!!!! :) Minus the shack!

Mordy

Quigleyfied
royal canin is not a bad food. i used to feed it a long time ago and my great dane lived to 11 years old on it. :)

there are places you can order higher end commercial foods from, but ultimately the question is - is it reeally worth it?

i have only lived in the US for 5 years and am originally from germany, so i do know the choice in europe is somewhat limited. but restrictions on agricultural production are so much stricter and you might find it easy to source ingredients for a home prepared diet - either cooked or raw, whichever you are more comfortable with.

when i moved to the US, i left my old dog with my parents because she wouldn't be happy in a place with strict leash laws. my mom ordered innova from an online store for a while but has now finally given in to feeding a mostly home prepared, mostly raw diet. living in a rather rural area, she has no trouble buying meats and bones originating from home raised, well treated animals.

supplements are not much of an issue either. there are actually items i'd rather have from europe but can't import them due to customs restrictions and prohibitive cost. do email me if you like, i'm sure we can get you started. :)

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Thanks Mordy! Would love to know more about it! Like to feel that i'm investing as much in our friendship as he is!

Members online

No members online now.