Week 1: This is My Dog 12/30-1/5 (52 Weeks 2013)

Saeleofu

This week, introduce us to your dog. Take a picture of something that defines your dog. Is he a lazy bum? A nutcase? A sweetheart? Does he like water? Toys? Sleeping? Whatever it is that makes your dog who he is, show us!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Ok, this is the first I've done manual shooting in a very long time! I'm going to try to do everything in M for this :)

Talon loves being dirty, digging, and tennis balls. Especially "stalking" tennis balls. LOL

Luna loves to sleep and play but mostly sleep. I guess that's normal for a young puppy :lol-sign:

Cinnamon loved her tennis balls. It was sooooooooo hard to take them away from her once she had destroyed them, but we managed to :rofl1:

Dakota Spirit

Devious Little Terrier
In the interest of trying (again) to get more active around here...

Tristan -

I was told when I got him that he was a BC/McNab cross but in all reality...I'm not even sure he's a dog. I suspect it's more along the lines of some kind of black and white Kangaroo species.

Though this picture may seem like a complete blooper (and I mean, it is) it pretty much embodies Trist and his world view. Excited, bouncing, flying. This is the view you'll get when you first meet him and then every time after as well. He doesn't jump ON people, mind. He just...bounces. If you could see his face, there would be a big lulling tongue and dopey "Whadaya wanna do NOW?!" expression. Trist embodies taking every available moment in life and well...literally never letting your feet get stuck on the ground lol.

This is Obi, my nearly 6 year old rescued boxer mix. He lives to be out on the trail, running wild and free. He's incorrigible.

This is Buddy, my 13 year old rescued "substantially similar" mix. She lives to lounge in the grass in the warm summer sun. She's a saint.

This is Squash. He is a lot of things... he's big and strong and athletic and loves to be outside. He can be serious and focused but ultimately he's kind of a big goof who likes to do silly things like fling a ball around for himself.

Torch

This is Henry. He's been a very quiet, gentle soul from the beginning. I remember the first moment I saw him, he had the most serene, sweet look on his face. Being around him is restorative and healing. I couldn't get through a day without his drive-by kisses, silly games, and quiet serenity. He makes me feel like I'm his sunrise and sunset, his everything.

IMG_1196 by chance1191, on Flickr

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
So I may not post the best pictures ever this year because I have much less access to a computer, but I do want to do it. So here is my dog:

This is Chloe. She is love. <3 And warmth and happiness and joy and all the other things I see and feel when I look in her eyes.

BostonBanker

As much as I want to use an old picture of him, I'll be good and use one taken this week:D

That's pretty much Gusto. Going at everything he does with all cylinders blasting, and never worrying if he crashes a bit along the way. I can assure you, his next leap was just as high as the one that landed him in this position!

FG167

As much as I want to use an old picture of him, I'll be good and use one taken this week:D

That's pretty much Gusto. Going at everything he does with all cylinders blasting, and never worrying if he crashes a bit along the way. I can assure you, his next leap was just as high as the one that landed him in this position!
He sounds spectacular - I love your stories of him!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
This is Wilson....goof extraordinaire...lounge king, attention hog....love bug.
He makes me crazy, and I can't imagine not having him around.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
I have some good ones from the last couple of weeks, but I will also be good and use one I took this week.

It's Kimma's "devil" look. With horns to match :p

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I didn't realize we weren't to use old..I will take mine out.

BostonBanker

I didn't realize we weren't to use old..I will take mine out.
I'm not sure we aren't! I vote Victor back into the thread :D

I thought these things were supposed to be motivation to go out and take new pictures weekly, but I might be making that up. And anyway, I like seeing everyone's pictures, old or new!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I will take a new one of him tomorrow. His eyes are a little more cloudy but the look might be the same. Thanks for voting him back in.:)

Saeleofu

I was going to use Gavroche this week, but then Logan did this and I couldn't resist. He's always near me, always watching me, and always involved.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.