Happy

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Aww, you need to drive her to Bloomington so I can meet her!
Yes, definitely! Too bad you're a loser and switched stores. :p Taking her there will at least be easier than taking Juno - Happy so far is looking like she'll be my "go anywhere" dog, and not a nutcase like the other 2. :p

She's been such a trooper today - I bathed her, brushed her, clipped her nails, and started shaving her "grinchy" feet (Toller, I now totally understand what you mean when you say that about Dance's feet!). I tried working with her on her stair phobia, she's pretty darn food motivated and I got her to go DOWN the stairs, but didn't make much progress getting her to go UP. So for now I'll just have to carry her. :eek:

She pays no attention to the other animals and they've actually done a pretty good job accepting her, too. Juno is sad and feels like I'm being taken away from her lol she's so jealous. But she'll live.

I'll try to get more pictures in the next day or two!

spiffy

Lucky lucky girl to be chosen by you. Gorgeous Happy is in for a good life with you. :)

Wickgaga

Aww, you need to drive her to Bloomington so I can meet her!
My friend and I are looking for apartments, and found one in Bloomington we might apply for. We're heading to grooming school. Anyways, just noticed that place mentioned, and was like, "Huh, cool". :p

Happy is adorable! I'm a sucker for seniors, myself. Always wanting to adopt them when I bond with them when I volunteer at the shelter. :)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
My friend and I are looking for apartments, and found one in Bloomington we might apply for. We're heading to grooming school. Anyways, just noticed that place mentioned, and was like, "Huh, cool". :p

Happy is adorable! I'm a sucker for seniors, myself. Always wanting to adopt them when I bond with them when I volunteer at the shelter. :)
The Bloomington in Minnesota? Cool! If you end up there you'll need to shop at the Chuck & Don's Pet Food Outlet and come say hi :p

Toller_08

She's been such a trooper today - I bathed her, brushed her, clipped her nails, and started shaving her "grinchy" feet (Toller, I now totally understand what you mean when you say that about Dance's feet!).
Haha it's never ending!! I just did Dance's and Journey's on Christmas day and will probably trim them again tomorrow. There's never a long break between Grinch toes around here... especially for someone as pretty (dog) feet obsessed as I am. :rofl1:

She sounds wonderful, btw! What a good girl. :)

Wickgaga

The Bloomington in Minnesota? Cool! If you end up there you'll need to shop at the Chuck & Don's Pet Food Outlet and come say hi :p
That would the one! :D

I'll have to stop by, as I'm always looking to go to an animal-related store! :p

My friend and I are planning to pull a bully-breed from Minneapolis Animal Control to foster or fostering from Animal Ark, so I'll maybe even have reason to buy some food. :p

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
That would the one! :D

I'll have to stop by, as I'm always looking to go to an animal-related store! :p

My friend and I are planning to pull a bully-breed from Minneapolis Animal Control to foster or fostering from Animal Ark, so I'll maybe even have reason to buy some food. :p
If you want to foster take a look at A Rotta Love Plus in Minneapolis, they are my all time favorite rescue EVAR!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Yes, definitely! Too bad you're a loser and switched stores. :p Taking her there will at least be easier than taking Juno - Happy so far is looking like she'll be my "go anywhere" dog, and not a nutcase like the other 2. :p

She's been such a trooper today - I bathed her, brushed her, clipped her nails, and started shaving her "grinchy" feet (Toller, I now totally understand what you mean when you say that about Dance's feet!). I tried working with her on her stair phobia, she's pretty darn food motivated and I got her to go DOWN the stairs, but didn't make much progress getting her to go UP. So for now I'll just have to carry her. :eek:

She pays no attention to the other animals and they've actually done a pretty good job accepting her, too. Juno is sad and feels like I'm being taken away from her lol she's so jealous. But she'll live.

I'll try to get more pictures in the next day or two!
As far as not going up the stairs, since she IS older, it may be a sight thing. Rosy won't go up stairs any more, but has no issue going down.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
SHe sure has a lovely smile, a truly beautiful smile. Congrats on your new dog. :)

milos_mommy

WOW! I was surprised and happy to see this thread.

And I bet she doesn't use the stairs in the house because in a previous home she wasn't allowed upstairs. My eskie was not permitted upstairs of my house, and when visiting people he wouldn't use their stairs unless their dog did.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
The stairs seem to be a "mind over matter" thing. She's getting much better about using them. When going up the stairs, if she hesitates and thinks about it, then she has trouble... but if she just DOES it then she runs up them no problem.

But otherwise, she's doing super duper awesome and didn't even wake me up at 5am today :p She was probably a really fun dog back in her day!

I will try to get more pictures at some point. =P

Members online

No members online now.