Paco is a Pain..help

My family and I have a 1 yr old Chihuahua named Paco's Tacos he's a sweet dog. He loves our Mom, my sister and I have a different opinion of him though. Reason being is because he purposely will get on mine and my sister's bed to deficate and urinate. He'll only do it on our beds. We have tried to keep the doors to our bedrooms closed but unforunately they get left open at times. When they do he'll go in and do his business. Even though he has clear access to the outside. We have no idea on how to get him to stop doing this. On a side note he'll eat our underwear also. He is neutered and healthly. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
:(

Carolyn

ZooMaster!!
Hiya, what do you do to him when he does this? Are you doing any training with him? Does he know his place in the "pack"? Do you practice NILIF with him? Sorry for the questions, just trying to get a better picture :) Also one very basic rule I follow with any pets, is that if there are places, items, shoes, etc that you don't want him/her to get at, then you must keep them out of reach. That means keeping your doors SHUT to pup at all times. Don't even let him on the bed, even when he isn't pooing or weeing.

Has he got a place to call his own? A crate, or bed for example? He is still a baby, and needs to be taught these things. Limit his movements throughout the house, until he has learnt some training and manners. That means beds, bedrooms are all "No Go" zones for him. Go back to basics with his toilet training, until you have taught him that outside is the appropriate place for toileting.

Is he displaying any other undesirable behaviours? Does he get excercise and games? There are plenty of places in my house that the pets know they aren't supposed to be in. Bedrooms are one of them unless it's night time, and both dogs sleep in the bedroom. My cat sleeps in the laundry at night and has water, his tray and his comfy basket :) It doesn't take them long to learn the boundaries as long as we teach them to them effectively, with gentle training methods, and lots of love and praise :)

Once again sorry for all the questions, it just helps to get a as much as information as possible

good luck and by the way we love pics here heheh any pics of your baby?

carlar

Dog Lover Boutique
My oldest Yorkie goes with me everywhere. Whenever I would take her to my sister's house she would go in and potty on her bed. I was mortified of course and we always tried to keep the door shut after the first time it happened. I always wondered if it it was her way of letting my sister know that she didn't like her. My sister wasn't mean to her but she showed her any attention and ignored her. Just a thought.

Paco

I'm sorry for the late response, I was digging myself out from the stores...It's ok with the questions...He doesn't have a crate..I don't know if he does have his own place..he always sleeps with our Mom...I told my sister about how he may notice how we don't care for him very much, I know it's wrong but I just don't like how he poops on our beds...He does get excerise our Mom regularly plays with him. Thank you so much for the suggestions, I'm going to try to get to like him more...I'm not used to a miniature one...I had a border collie for 13 who was the best dog. In regards to the pictures..I don't know how to post them...

Members online

No members online now.