Leaving you pet out in the heat: A deadly mistake

BagelDog

Not crazy...
Today at the animal shelter where I volunteer, a lady came in distraught and in tears. She had with her 2 bunnies that someone had left outside in her apartment complex, and it was 100 + out today (Texas). One of the volunteers immediatally gave them a cool bath and laid them out, but neither was moving much, one gasping for air, one that was sniffing a bit, but couldnt even hold up his head to drink. The one gasping for air had to be put down, and the outcome for the other doesnt seem good either. They think it might have bad brain damage, and it couldnt even stand. Iv pretty sure that bunny will be put down too. Both were suffering so terribly, I just stood there and petted the gasping bunny, as its eye began to glaze over by themselves.

Don't leave you pet outside or in the car. But you need to leave it in the car you say, you'll just be a second. You go and park out in the sun and turn off the car and see how long you can stand it, comftrably. Now think about if you had to do that in a fur coat. Thats what I thought, you would'nt want too.

Keep you pets indoors and out of the heat, for all our sakes.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I have left both my dogs out in the cars......but I always stayed with them and the windows where all the way down and the doors open (sliding door) and of course whith the doors open I had their leashes on because even if they didn't ever try to leave when I told them to stay I wouldn't risk their lives over it. I would never leave them in their alone! Plus when it got a little hot for me, I knew Lucas at least must be super hot so I would take a nice walk around the area and I always had water with me.

BagelDog

Not crazy...
SQUEEEEEE!!!! Ok sorry im over it :)

Yeah, Im talking about putting them in the car and leaving.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
BagelDog said:
SQUEEEEEE!!!! Ok sorry im over it :)

Yeah, Im talking about putting them in the car and leaving.
OMG someone actually knows who that is!!!! FINALLY! :D :D

BagelDog

Not crazy...
Well of course! I read the Johnny the Homocidal Maniac comics though, the the Squee ones. But Squee is SO cute! It makes me so sad to read the Johnny comics where he's in it with his parents! Adorable kid though! Lol!

Members online

No members online now.