Irregular Heartbeat

Brattina88

:(
I took Carly (the 16wk old Shih Tzu puppy I'm fostering) to the vet today. She had an observation Tuesday where the people from the shelter took her for a couple of hours and evaluated her to see if she has a good temperment and is ready for adoption. Unfortunatly they found her to be a little too nervous without me, or without Maddie. If she's with Maddie and I'm not there she's fine. On the other paw if she's without Maddie, but with me she's fine. If were both gone its like she doesn't know how to act, or atleast thats what I'm told (how could I know if I'm not there? lol). I don't understand why they put her back with me to continue fostering in that case. I'm a little confused... :confused:
Following the evaluation I always have to take her to the vet to make sure she is still in tip top condition to be adopted. Upon examination the vet found she had an 'extra' heart beat and that it wasn't normal. It's something, he said, to keep watching and checking, but nothing to get freaked out about right away, and she might grow out of it. Any experiances with this type of thing? Of course I'm freaking out... what else could I do? haha...
If she can't act appropriate without me and Maddie you'd think they'd place her with someone else so she'd know its okay to be without me & my cocker. I don't know what they think I can do about that... but it might not matter. I'm seriously thinking about giving up and keeping her. Like I ever had a choice in the matter! :rolleyes:

Just do what you always do, Brattina, love her, give her good food and enough exercise. You and Maddie probably have another baby, now. Carly's a lucky pup.

Renee750il said:
Just do what you always do, Brattina, love her, give her good food and enough exercise. You and Maddie probably have another baby, now. Carly's a lucky pup.

Actually, be careful.
I had a pup with a heart murmur and I had to regulate his exercise.

Take care of your little one!

Brattina88

The vet said right away that it wasn't a murmer. Just an extra beat. Really wierd - he let me listen to it, and you can feel it with your fingers if you find the right spot.
Well, you could. But not anymore :D
We went to my vet. now that shes mine. Apperently she grew out of it or something, but theres always something else to worry about.
Carly's eyes are messed up. Her lower eye lids curl in bad by her tear ducts tightly and loosen up away from them, but her eyelashes and everything a growing in. He said she might 'grow out of it', and lets hope so! It really irritates her eyes / her vision. It could get worse, and surgery will be really expensive, really dangerious (she could loose her eye sight) and he said it would be a long recovery IF they could fix it. Theres a chance they can't. Of course I'd be willing to pay for it, but I'm hoping she does grow out of it or there is another option. Anyone with any experiance in the eye area please speak! ;)

Ow! I fostered a little Lhasa once. (She'd been wandering out in the busy road in front of the Runaway Shelter Bear and Gonzo visited once a week.) Anyway, I only had her for about a week before a home was found for her. I talked to the lady who took her later and it turned out she had the same thing yours does. It took surgery to straighten it out, but it all went well and she was good as new. The didn't delay the surgery because the vet was afraid her eyes would be scarred and her vision permanently impaired.

Members online

No members online now.