Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

And, on a similar topic, regardless of which way they're facing, just a reminder that the chest clip should be at armpit level and tight enough that you shouldn't be able to pinch the strap fabric together.

Rear facing straps should be below the shoulders, front facing straps should be above.

(Friendly reminder/helpful into for anyone reading this thread).

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
And, on a similar topic, regardless of which way they're facing, just a reminder that the chest clip should be at armpit level and tight enough that you shouldn't be able to pinch the strap fabric together.

Rear facing straps should be below the shoulders, front facing straps should be above.

(Friendly reminder/helpful into for anyone reading this thread).
Too true. As well check the straps when your child has to wear a jacket for part of the day and then removes it. That can loosen it enough that it is not giving the protection it needs too just by removing the jacket.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
And a child should never wear a puffy winter coat in the carseat.

Hannah's convertible carseat had straps that you retighten everytime you put her in te seat. You turned the knob until the straps were at te desired tightness.

Ahhhhhahaha and totally off topic but too funny. Everleigh was just sitting on hubby's lap and had a blowout. Maybe I can sway him to cloth now?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Ahhhhhahaha and totally off topic but too funny. Everleigh was just sitting on hubby's lap and had a blowout. Maybe I can sway him to cloth now?
Haaaahahahahahahaha

Hannah didn't have too many blowouts but when she did I realized why onsies necklines are created the way they are... So you can pull them DOWN lol

milos_mommy

Omg Tanya I had no idea....I've given her a bath both times she's had a blowout because I got it all over her getting the onesie off. DUH

On one hand, I want to cloth diaper because I can avoid blowouts, I'm not adding to landfills and they're super cute.

On the other hand, I'm worried about wear and tear on my washing machine (which came with our house and is definitely not energy efficient), I'm worried about the amount of work involved, not being able to use bum cream, and about finding the right type/brand without spending a fortune.

Anyone here use cloth or thought about using cloth and have any insight?

I want to use Glowbug but I can't justify spending the whole $150 as an experiment if it turns out that cloth doesn't work for us.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Omg Tanya I had no idea....I've given her a bath both times she's had a blowout because I got it all over her getting the onesie off. DUH
LOL glad I could bring some enlightenment :). There are many things I have forgotten about infants.... Blowouts in onesies is one I will never forget lol

jenv101

Bite Club
Lol yeah someone kindly told us about the onesies early on, so I always take them on and off from the bottom. Over the head is a pain!

gapeach

Big Mutts
When mine were little I loved the gowns, it was so much easier to change nighttime diapers.

Taqroy

I told Matt about that the other day and he was like WTF WHY WOULD YOU WAIT SO LONG TO TELL ME THIS. Lol. I didn't know they were designed for that though, I thought it was a happy coincidence that they have to stretch for giant baby heads. :lol-sign:

milos_mommy

Allison, a ton of cloth diaper companies offer a trial period with a full refund. I'm pretty sure bum genius is one of them, and has pretty good reviews.

I was going to order cloth, but she's almost 3 months and we haven't bought diapers yet because we're still living off gifted diapers. Maybe once they run out we will.

You could always use cloth when you're home with her during the day, but let DH use disposables if he refuses.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I told Matt about that the other day and he was like WTF WHY WOULD YOU WAIT SO LONG TO TELL ME THIS. Lol. I didn't know they were designed for that though, I thought it was a happy coincidence that they have to stretch for giant baby heads. :lol-sign:
Lol I don't know if that's why they were designed that way but it certainly is the best reason lol

iluvdogs

Okay moms I need some help..

My husband and I are taking a road trip in a couple days it's about a 8-9 hr drive. What are some things I can do/bring to keep my 9 month old from not crying the whole trip??

I have his snacks and toys but that's all I know...HELP

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Katie was just three when we did a 14hr car ride. I took our portable DVD player with us if you don't have one you can get a cheap one for like $60. I'm not big on watching a lot of tv but given the choice between crying well if it helps go for it.

Bunny82

My husband and I are taking a road trip in a couple days it's about a 8-9 hr drive. What are some things I can do/bring to keep my 9 month old from not crying the whole trip??

Is there anyway to arrange the trip so that you will be on the road when your little one would be asleep?

That's what I did when Hunter was little. He slept pretty much through the whole ride (12 or so hours), only waking up to nurse.

milos_mommy

Definitely time the trips so it's either during his sleep time or as many naps as possible...try to tire him out first but not too much so that he's overtired and cranky, and stop every 2 hours or so for a break...that's all I can think of.

My lower abdomen is KILLING me and I'm really worried I might have a uterine/pelvic infection. I've been having cervical pain during sex for like a week or so, last night I thought maybe I was getting my period from cramps, but now the pain is different and UGH.

Hopefully it's just a stomach bug or something.

Taqroy

My lower abdomen is KILLING me and I'm really worried I might have a uterine/pelvic infection. I've been having cervical pain during sex for like a week or so, last night I thought maybe I was getting my period from cramps, but now the pain is different and UGH.

Hopefully it's just a stomach bug or something.
GO TO THE DOCTOR. Seriously, if you think you have an infection you should go like 30 minutes ago. I would not mess around with that.

I actually came in here to complain that I forgot the fricking bottles for daycare this morning. Our daycare provider lets me keep a stash of milk so I just had to go buy a bottle but the milk for today was from frozen, so that's 12 ounces i get to pour out when I get home. :( Oh well.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney

Get some new little toys and put them in different bags and stuff so te child can open them and discover new things. Music is always good, Hannah always liked having the dvd player, frequent stops where they can get out and walk atoud a bit.

We have been driving long distances with Hannah since she was a newborn and that always worked well for us but a lot of times she just slept. She's a champion car traveller now

Members online

No members online now.