Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

jenv101

Bite Club
Nurse her a lot and let her rest. She will probably be extra sleepy tomorrow but should be fine in a day or two. That was my experience at least. It's so hard to see them in pain though!

Somewhere in there is my sedated baby ready for her trip to the referral hospital. I'm waiting on my patient transport to get here and I'll be headed down there with her.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Oh, Allison. I am so sorry. While not nearly as severe, I know what it's like to see your baby hooked up to wires and tubes and not be able to hold them
Or feel them.

Honestly, the only thing that got me theough was focusing on what I could control and that was my presence and pumping the BEST milk that I could for when she was able to start eating theough a tube. Eating right and therefore making the strongest, healthiest milk I could.

Continuing to pray for you.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Oh Allison.... I can't even imagine. Lots and lots of ((((hugs)))) and porters and vibes and every good thought I can think for you two.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I'm so sorry, Allison. I'm glad they were able to get you a bed there so quick too, so that you can be with her :) Continued vibes that she'll be in your arms in no time, and you're all home soon.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Been thinking about you today, Allison. I'm hoping for an awesome update.
I was coming on just to look for an update as well. I'm not even close to being a mother but I can't imagine how hard this is for you, and your husband. Sending all the vibes I can send! Hoping for a good update once you get the time.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Oooooh what a crap experience. Hope the move goes ok, and she gets all the support she needs so you can give her a massive snuggle and sws soon.

What's her name? :)

Quick Update:

Baby got to the NICU hospital around 3:00 yesterday. I was transferred down around 10:00. Here is what she was like last night:

She was sedated with morphine, had a breathing tube, a nasogastric tube, an arterial line, and IV in her umbilical cord and a host of monitors attached to her. She was breathing on her own, but needed support because of how inflamed her lungs were. They suctioned out a TON of meconium and fluid.

She has been rapidly improving and this is her today:

She pulled out her breathing tube but they have left it out since she is holding steady with her oxygen saturation stats.
She was able to get rid of her arterial line as well. So now she has her nasogastric tube for feeding (which will hopefully be out soon) and her umbilical IV line so she can get her antibiotics and her heart and resp rate monitors.

I'm hopefully getting discharged tomorrow and hubby and I will be staying at the Ronald McDonald house while she is hospitalized. She might be here a week or two.

It's been hard because we still haven't been able to hold her or touch her more than through her wires and tubes through the incubator windows.

Barbara!

So glad she's looking better! I was literally thinking of you all day. She is certainly a cutie. Looks very alert in the second photo. What a beautiful girl. Hopefully you get to hold her soon and she improves enough to go home ASAP.

Taqroy

I'm so glad she's doing better and that you guys get to be there with her. (((more hugs))) Also omg that hair!!! She's seriously cute.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
She is absolutely adorable! I'm glad to hear she's improved, and hopefully she'll be well enough to come home before too long.

milos_mommy

She looks strong, and healthy for such a rough start and being hooked up to all those tubes. I'm sorry you all had to go through that, and was really glad to see a pretty positive update.

LindaJD

Congratulations, she is beautiful. Bet you can't wait to get her home. Don't forget to take care of yourself, you are going to need your strength. I am glad the Ronald McDonald house is there for you.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
The change in a day is super awesome - she's obviously full of fight!

Fingers crossed for good stuff overnight and getting to hold her tomorrow!!

Members online

No members online now.