The Venting Thread

DJEtzel

They wouldn't respond, or they hadn't responded by the time it was all over?
They would not. The operator said there was nothing they could do and hung up. The incident ended by my car overheating and putting along at 40 to get back home with RPMs through the roof. The guy took off.

You should report that operator. Who isn't the police or the government, so not sure why you're generalizing your hatred to one dumbass dispatcher.

DJEtzel

You should report that operator. Who isn't the police or the government, so not sure why you're generalizing your hatred to one dumbass dispatcher.
How would I report someone I know nothing about, when I have no idea what county I was even in? The state police are not going to try to go searching for the phone record by description and date alone, when it's going to make them look bad for not responding. She hung up on our phone call. The operator is not an individual WORKING for the police to relay communication?

SaraB

How would I report someone I know nothing about, when I have no idea what county I was even in? The state police are not going to try to go searching for the phone record by description and date alone, when it's going to make them look bad for not responding. She hung up on our phone call. The operator is not an individual WORKING for the police to relay communication?
Not hard to figure out what county you were in with a map. The operator can be found based on the time of the phone call.

But if the individual never relayed the communication to the police... why hate them?

If I were you, I would figure out what city or county I was in at the time and see if it has a website. If so, I'd look for some kind of omnibudsman or other way to make a complaint about a city/county employee. If there is no website, I'd just call city hall and ask how to make a complaint.

It's unacceptable for a (presumably 911?) operator to handle that type of call in that manner, and at the very least they need some remedial training.

DJEtzel

Not hard to figure out what county you were in with a map. The operator can be found based on the time of the phone call.
And who would I report this to/what would it accomplish? It is still rediculous that it happened and I will still hate the police and government just as much as I did before, but with a good reason this time. No one has to agree with my political opinions or choices, this was just a rant for the police not helping.

DJEtzel

But if the individual never relayed the communication to the police... why hate them?

If I were you, I would figure out what city or county I was in at the time and see if it has a website. If so, I'd look for some kind of omnibudsman or other way to make a complaint about a city/county employee. If there is no website, I'd just call city hall and ask how to make a complaint.

It's unacceptable for a (presumably 911?) operator to handle that type of call in that manner, and at the very least they need some remedial training.
Yes, she was a 911 operator. I just don't think reporting it would get anything accomplished. No one cares. That's the problem. I hate the government and the police for many other reasons that are directly associated with the men in blue, and this was just a rant about it. No one has to agree with it.

I appreciate your info for being able to contact them to complain if I decide to do so, though.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Why do people have to be so negative? YES I know It is goin to be hard, yes i know it's probably going to suck and YES I know I will be hurting the next day but couldn't you just wish me luck or somethig? I know my body, I will only do what I can. At least I'm TRYING

DJEtzel

LOL you hate them but you still called them for help. Aheheh. And now it's their fault that they weren't even told you called.
Well sure, when I don't have any way to protect myself I'm going to try something. Obviously doesn't work and just fueled my fire more. And yes, it is absolutely the fault of the county that hires the dispatchers that will not dispatch a unit. Entirely.

Again, not my only reason for hating either body. I'm glad you are opinionated enough to laugh at the fact that I was almost killed today and then tell me my opinions are wrong, though.

joce

My rant is about people who hate the Police yet call them when they need them,................if they come out or not.

I have many a family member who is in law enforcement that risk their lives daily for the paranoid and its scary.

Did someone hang up? Maybe. Then call and report them. It was not a policeman or the scary government(who I also don't like honestly but respect is the key). It is very easy to have the call looked up and they will likely be reprimanded for it.

If the call starts with "I hate the Police",it probably won't go well. Just saying:confused:

DJEtzel

My rant is about people who hate the Police yet call them when they need them,................if they come out or not.

I have many a family member who is in law enforcement that risk their lives daily for the paranoid and its scary.

Did someone hang up? Maybe. Then call and report them. It was not a policeman or the scary government(who I also don't like honestly but respect is the key). It is very easy to have the call looked up and they will likely be reprimanded for it.

If the call starts with "I hate the Police",it probably won't go well. Just saying:confused:
I do not walk around saying that I hate the police. I hate the government, plain and simple (which the police are a part of...) and I don't expect anyone to agree with me whatsoever, but I'm not going to defend or explain myself either.

Hating someone because they have differing opinions? That's kind of what's wrong with the world today.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug

I agree. I know a lot of police and really it's a dangerous job and it doesn't need to be made even more dangerous by the "I hate the police" crowd. It takes a lot of guts to put yourself out in danger day in day out for people you probably don't know. I feel for their families who often wait, holding their breath when their loved ones get dispatched.

Though I don't hate the government really. I'm in Canada, the govt is good to us for the most part =)

In my experience people don't like it when 911 operators don't do their job.

Strictly speaking, I am not aware of any place in the US where they are not supposed to dispatch an officer even for an accidental or prank call. Calls are usually recorded.

When you are so sure they wont protect YOU, do you have a previous history with them?

Members online

No members online now.