Northern Virginia- Chaz meetup Sunday May 20

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
FYI- a few of us are planning to meet up at the Shirlington Dog Park on Sunday May 20 at 2pm.

Who wants to come?
I'm bringing Cricket for sure!

Let's make this happen... Come with your dog and heck come even if you don't want to bring a dog.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Yay! Oh I should add... I think this park is only partially fenced in... But its pretty big and I think there's a stream or something for dogs to play in. Caliterp correct me if I'm wrong since I think that's the park you go (used to go) to.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
I'll try to make it, though I will not have a dog.

Its mostly fenced in, and the part that isn't is not easy to get out of . . . that said, if you have a dog with a habit of bolting and exploring, its probably not the best place. But they do have to be pretty determined to ignore you.

JacksonsMom

Hmmm.... I'm not sure if I totally trust Jackson, I guess it depends on how big the space is where he can get out? I mean, he's fine at home and won't run anywhere, and 90% of the time, he'd be fine off leash but he definitely IS an explorer and I just don't wanna lose sight of him, though he usually sticks by. It's hard to say in a new area.

From the pics I saw, there's a creek right? And that's the part that's not totally fenced in? He LOVES the water... so he'd probably stay close.

CaliTerp07

It's fully fenced--at least, I've never seen any part that isn't fenced. Well, part of the enclosure is the back side of a building, but the fence goes up to the wall.

There are gates that go down to the river below, and the water part isn't fenced, but it's in a huge gully.

I will try to make it! It's going to be packed on a weekend afternoon, but it's big enough that if you walk the length all the way to the end the crowds usually clear out.

JacksonsMom

It's fully fenced--at least, I've never seen any part that isn't fenced. Well, part of the enclosure is the back side of a building, but the fence goes up to the wall.

There are gates that go down to the river below, and the water part isn't fenced, but it's in a huge gully.

I will try to make it! It's going to be packed on a weekend afternoon, but it's big enough that if you walk the length all the way to the end the crowds usually clear out.
Awesome! Okay, that makes me feel better. :)

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
There used to be a gap in the fence above the gully . . . but that might have been fixed since I was last there.

Regardles, Cali is right, the water is in a big gully . . . the dog would have to be very disobedient . . . but I have met dogs that I wouldn't trust in the water there. But Jackson doesn't sound like that kind of trouble.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
This happens to fall on my day off, so I'm going to ride up with Skittles. Some weeks my days off are Sunday and Wednesday, and some weeks my days off are Friday and Wednesday, and I work evenings, so this day works out well.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Just a reminder that the meetup is this Sunday at 2pm. If anyone needs my phone number just shoot me a PM. I will have Cricket with me and Cristy is riding up with me. Can't wait to see you guys.

JacksonsMom

I'm so sad I had to miss this - you all are probably there right now. Stupid pink eye. My little sister had it a few days ago, and I thought I was in the clear... yet my eye started getting itchy and red yesterday (thought it was just allergies) but woke up this AM w/ some crust - pretty sure it's pink eye. Luckily I started my sisters drops last night so my eye is looking better already.

I told Amber I'm around during the week for a bit too so I definitely wanna check out this park - sooo disappointed I couldn't today. :( So if anyone else that didn't get to go, or if someone wants to go again, let me know if there's a day good for you!

JacksonsMom

Serious?! I'm, all, like thinking it's super contagious. Oh well my eye looked stupid, no one needs to see me that way! LOL....

Members online

No members online now.