Meet Lola

Alimel

I Live in My Dog's House
I did not think I would be ready for another dog quite yet after I lost Mel, but this goofy girl just stole my heart. We adopted her from the Humane Society last month, she is about 1.5 years young and as you can see, adores her brother Buddy the Beagle :p She is quite a handful, very active, very big for a female :yikes:

bubbatd

Love her !!! It's never too soon to fill a hole in your heart !

Alimel

I Live in My Dog's House
Thanks, she is a sweetheart, she is a work in progress! She is learning boundries and rules for the first time in her life :D

Alimel

I Live in My Dog's House
There is something about Rotties that just steal your heart :) I have to work very hard with her as she has obviously never had any obedience training, but she is so worth it.

Alimel

I Live in My Dog's House
alimel, have you tried this yet?

NO LOOKIE NO COOKIE

Most Rotties I have met are real food hounds, and once they learn that eye contact gets them a reward, the game is ON!

:D
I have never seen that before, looks like a fun game to play with her and yes, she is a food hound! Unfortunately so is my Beagle, so this lesson will have to take place outdoors away from the Beagle monster :lol-sign:

Update*** She immediately made eye contact and remained this way for quite a while. We have already mastered the Watch Me command, so I guess this is why she did so well. ;)

Last edited:
R

RedyreRottweilers

I like to not use any command until dogs learn that eye contact means jackpot. Then I pair eye contact with the dog's NAME, and nothing else.

I have never used "watch me" or anything to ask the dog to look at me besides their name.

So glad you enjoyed the game! Once the dog learns to turn you into a cookie dispenser you can teach them SO many things in such a fun way!

Members online

No members online now.