Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Barbara!

Most of our communication is text. I have it saved. He doesn't ever threaten me, though. Just says what he wants, I suppose. So I don't know how much good keeping all of that will do.

In court, if I claim he was abusive, how will I prove that? I only know of one police report ever filed about it and both our families knew. I doubt his family would claim they knew he was shoving me into walls and slapping me across the face, though. They'd act like he's never done anything like that in his life.

milos_mommy

Has anyone else dealt with clogged ears in pregnancy?

IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY.

I have kind of annoying ears to begin with...I rarely get ear infections, but my eustachian tubes are apparently not very efficient, and my ears feel clogged frequently, especially in winter, and kill me when it's cold out...I end up wearing earmuffs in like 45 degree weather.

Now that I'm pregnant, it's been 1000 times worse. I've tried everything, peroxide, swim ear drops, steam, blowing my nose, neti pot...the neti pot helps but only temporarily. It makes me feel so dizzy and uncomfortable and I end up not even talking because it sounds funny in my head.

GRR.

MM I haven't had issues so much with my ears but my nose has been soooo unbearably stuffy. Especially at night. I have an air purifier running at full speed right beside my bed with only minimal results. Makes another reason for sleeping like crap!

milos_mommy

Allison, I'm stuffy too but not that bad...ears are worse. Keep getting nosebleeds, though...

I used my neti pot today and it fixed my ears but also the solution came out my eye and it was the most horrifying experience.

Taqroy

MM I haven't had issues so much with my ears but my nose has been soooo unbearably stuffy. Especially at night. I have an air purifier running at full speed right beside my bed with only minimal results. Makes another reason for sleeping like crap!
You might try a humidifier - it helped me a bit with congestion. You might also find that it gets better in the third tri (I can't remember how far along you are sorry), mine started getting better around 30 weeks.

omg MM I've never used a neti pot but that would definitely freak me out!

I hope so Jen! Today is the last day of my second trimester. :)

Also, this morning I was feeling a little frustrated at the poodle pup I'm sitting-- he's the busiest, naughtiest pup I've ever known. Then my sister sent me this pic of my niece from this morning:

And now I feel better. lol

milos_mommy

If I don't run my humidifier in the winter, I feel like crap, even when I'm not pregnant. If I don't run it while I AM pregnant, I wake up choking because my throat is dried closed and my nose is stuffed up and I can't breath through either one.

On the bright side, I met my baby's paternal grandma for the first time yesterday! She was so nice and she gave me 4 different phone numbers in case I need anything to call her and told me to let her know if I need money for anything for the baby. That makes me really happy, because even though my parents are really supportive and helpful, I don't have any close extended family and always wished I had a bigger one, and I'm really glad my baby will have FOUR grandparents (actually....six. SIX WHOLE GRANDPARENTS. AND GREAT GRANDPARENTS EVEN!!!!) and aunts and uncles that live close by.

milos_mommy

Does anyone else think registering is the hardest thing on the planet to do?

Supposedly I'm having a shower sometime in April, and was asked to register. My issues is that 90% of the stuff they have at department type stores (Target/Babies R Us is where I'm registering) is stuff I'd probably never buy, I have no idea how many newborn outfits to register for and how many 3-6 mo, etc...and I have no idea how to tell stuff like which tub, which bottles, etc. to choose.

BLEH.

Members online

No members online now.