"Find It"! Need some training tips/ideas.

makka619

^^ Julie the video doesn't work.

" This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request. "

You have it set to private; you either need to make it public or send it individually.

Julie

I am back again.
How much fun? Nice job multi-tasking the video camera and handling!
I showed my hubby the dvd I made and he said I told Charlie to "find it" way to many times. Lol He said when I say it, Charlie gets sidetracked and he doesn't need to be reminded while he is actively looking...

That is something I need to work on. I guess I think he will forget what to do unless I remind him..... I guess it's a habit, with the kids it seems I always have to say it more than once with them. Lol

makka619

I showed my hubby the dvd I made and he said I told Charlie to "find it" way to many times. Lol He said when I say it, Charlie gets sidetracked and he doesn't need to be reminded while he is actively looking...

That is something I need to work on. I guess I think he will forget what to do unless I remind him..... I guess it's a habit, with the kids it seems I always have to say it more than once with them. Lol
I noticed you saying it while he was already searching and I was going to ask if that is what you are supposed to do!

Charlie was having a blast; see his tale wagging like crazy the whole time!!! Very cool.

We've started the towel stuff, just no drugs in it yet, more to get him used to it- playing with it, hiding it from him, etc. He goes crazy when I break it out.
Now, if I wanted to start doing a bit of this, do I just buy any old towl to train and get my pup used to it? Any tips for making it a really exciting object? Maybe tug games to introduce it; anything else?

DanL

That was great Julie!

makka, I introduced the towel as a tug type of toy. He loves tug so there wasn't any need to get him hyped up over it. Now when he sees it he knows something special is going to happen, since the towel isn't left laying around for him to tear up. My trainer said one thing to remember is when you wash it, use plain water, as they can find it by the detergent smell when you hide it.

Members online

No members online now.