Girly Stuff

milos_mommy

My ex's mom unpacked our handcuffs and blindfolds when he moved. She was pretty cool about it though.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Only downside - once the IUD is in, if you're having bad reactions to it, you have to go back to a doc to have it removed.

Have you tried NuvaRing before? It might work, and if you have a bad reaction to it, you just trot yourself into a bathroom and pull it out. Also, if your insurance won't have a fit about it, you can actually use the NuvaRing non-stop without a break and skip periods. That's how how people (like me) using it to treat endometriosis typically use it, so it's done probably fairly regularly!
Hmm.. I will give that a try! We will see if I'm constantly feeling like it will fall out. :rofl1:

CaliTerp07

Got my eyebrows threaded yesterday for the first time. It hurt like the dickens compared to waxing, imo, but it was so clean feeling! No residue on your face, no baby oil to get wax off, and very little redness compared to waxing.

I assume it lasts the same length of time, since you're ripping the hair out either way. Nice to have additional options now.

RD

Are you dead yet?
HAHAH.

I moved in with my (male) roommate about a year ago, and being newly single, began acquiring quite the... selection of... things. We share a dresser, and one of the drawers in there is dedicated to my "things". His brother, however, was in our room one day and apparently was looking for a pair of socks. He found my sex drawer.

The funny part is that when he mentioned it to me, he said it as a warning to me, because that's "where kyle keeps the kinky stuff". :rofl1:

My roommate is pretty adamantly straight and I crack up every time I think about his brother, who must really believe that he owns almost an entire drawer full of dicks.

I shaved one side of my hair off on Saturday. I think I like it. I've been eyeing sidecut pictures for awhile, but never could muster the guts to do it... until Saturday.

Also, I've been on my period for nearly two months now. Ugh. :wall:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Got my eyebrows threaded yesterday for the first time. It hurt like the dickens compared to waxing, imo, but it was so clean feeling! No residue on your face, no baby oil to get wax off, and very little redness compared to waxing.

I assume it lasts the same length of time, since you're ripping the hair out either way. Nice to have additional options now.
I watched this procedure done a few times and I have to say it looks like it would hurt more then both my tattoos :/.

My "girly stuff" vent: I've been having on and off cramps for a couple of days, my AF is due Oct 26 ... I wish it would start already -_-. Does Anyone know any vitamin supplement (I am already taking vita C) that might bring on AF?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I hate being a female. Totally just realized that my period is going to fall during my wedding. Wonderful. Here is hoping I can change up my BC schedule to avoid it, because if not, that is going to SUCK.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I hate being a female. Totally just realized that my period is going to fall during my wedding. Wonderful. Here is hoping I can change up my BC schedule to avoid it, because if not, that is going to SUCK.
Are you on the pill? Just skip the white pills and keep poppin those pink ones! That's what I do when it falls on important occasions

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Are you on the pill? Just skip the white pills and keep poppin those pink ones! That's what I do when it falls on important occasions
Yup, that's what I'm going to do. LOL Which SHOULD move it back enough to not pose a problem...but my body is opinionated and very happy with the schedule it's on now, I'm hoping breakthrough bleeding won't be an issue.

All I'm saying is, if I end up having my period on the one week I'll actually be together with Michael for the next 6-12 months, I will be pissed. :lol-sign:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yup, that's what I'm going to do. LOL Which SHOULD move it back enough to not pose a problem...but my body is opinionated and very happy with the schedule it's on now, I'm hoping breakthrough bleeding won't be an issue.

All I'm saying is, if I end up having my period on the one week I'll actually be together with Michael for the next 6-12 months, I will be pissed. :lol-sign:
Oh .... Boo x( I hate it when that happens ... I had mine fall during my Grandpa's funeral a while back ... And it fell on the second AF day which is the worst :wall:

BUT ... OH and I use condoms as BC due to a lack of insurance and I couldn't find a prescription BC that worked for me (we use them religiously and responsibly EVERY TIME) so even though condoms when used correctly are very safe and effective, I still consider my AF's arrival to be a blessing in disguise.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
For those of you who use an IUD (specifically Mirena), how do you like it? Has your period stopped all together? Looking into it for myself. Not sure if my insurance will cover it, but am gonna talk to my doctor about it.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
For those of you who use an IUD (specifically Mirena), how do you like it? Has your period stopped all together? Looking into it for myself. Not sure if my insurance will cover it, but am gonna talk to my doctor about it.
I have had mine for about 4 years and I really like it. No period after the first month, though starting at 2.5 years in I started getting cramps once/month.

Not having a period does cause me to have periodic freak outs about being preggers, but I just pee on a stick and it's all good. lol

Insurance covered mine and so I just paid $20 total!

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I have had mine for about 4 years and I really like it. No period after the first month, though starting at 2.5 years in I started getting cramps once/month.

Not having a period does cause me to have periodic freak outs about being preggers, but I just pee on a stick and it's all good. lol

Insurance covered mine and so I just paid $20 total!
Thanks for replying.

Another question, I guess... Can people who haven't had kids get it? (Sorry, don't THINK you have kids, but don't know for sure). I am thinking they can, it just may hurt more when being put in? But not sure..

For sure still need to talk to my DR about it, but so far, I am reading a lot of stuff I like. I am on the pill now and it has caused me to have a much heavier flow and WAY worse cramps. So I am looking for something that will stop that.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Some doctors will try to tell you that they don't like placing it in women who haven't had kids, but it's only because the cervix is tighter from my understanding. I haven't had kids or been pregnant at all and while placement did kind of suck at the moment, once it was where it was supposed to be, I just had normal period type cramps for about a day.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Some doctors will try to tell you that they don't like placing it in women who haven't had kids, but it's only because the cervix is tighter from my understanding. I haven't had kids or been pregnant at all and while placement did kind of suck at the moment, once it was where it was supposed to be, I just had normal period type cramps for about a day.
I talked to someone earlier that said it didn't hurt anymore than a pap, but she had also had a child... I don't know. My doctor is old and crotchety, but I am going to try and talk her into it. But essentially, shouldn't I be able to say I want this and they do it, even if they don't "like" to place it in women who haven't had kids?

Kootenay

I talked to someone earlier that said it didn't hurt anymore than a pap, but she had also had a child... I don't know. My doctor is old and crotchety, but I am going to try and talk her into it. But essentially, shouldn't I be able to say I want this and they do it, even if they don't "like" to place it in women who haven't had kids?
I have a copper IUD but I think the placement would be essentially the same...I haven't had kids and it was never brought up as an issue, although I think it is a bit more difficult for the doctor to place them in women who haven't given birth.

Overall the placement wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected. The doctor I went to did use a local spray anesthetic on my cervix before clamping it, though, which I think not all doctors do, and I it made it WAY less uncomfortable! So I would ask about that. I also popped a bunch of ibuprofen before going in. It was basically like a pap and then just slightly crampy but really not very bad at all.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Henna people. Can I henna my hair? Not long ago I ombréd my hair. It is naturally a med-dark brown, so I dyed the top a really dark brown and bleached the bottom. The top has now faded quite a bit. It is basically my natural color now (and it didn't work that well to start with, we had the wrong developer). Anyway, even though its faded, I am sure there is still some color on my hair. Can I henna it? And if I can, my hair is 2 different colors so how does that work out?

Also, I know henna is different for everyone, but how dark can it get, and how long does it take? I really want a dark color (leaning toward a brown color if possible).

I'm really not sure I want to do it yet, I just am looking at options. I want the healing properties/strengthening of the henna. I don't really neccessarily want red hair. So yeah. LOL.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I shaved one side of my hair off on Saturday. I think I like it. I've been eyeing sidecut pictures for awhile, but never could muster the guts to do it... until Saturday.

Also, I've been on my period for nearly two months now. Ugh. :wall:
Your hair is soooo pretty! I love it!

Members online

No members online now.