The Good News thread

joce

Passed my first bachelors class with an A! Think I missed less than ten points!

And I can not use Siri because its creepy. Only thing I ever asked was what to do with a body and it gave me the option of a dump in pa. Hmmm to smart. :cool: never worked for anything I really needed.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Aw, I love Siri! LOL! Mostly, I like to ask her dumb questions and see what she says. My two current favorites are:

"How much wood could a woodchuck chuck?"

and

"Who let the dogs out?"

:D

And since I'm posting here, I might as well post some good news...
I went to the store that I have current have collars on consignment this morning. I was going under the assumption that I was going to have to pull my products and just accept the fact that I wasn't ever going to get paid. Instead, the owner was actually present, actually sat down to talk to me, actually apologized, and I'm actually getting a check for my products sold. Spot!

Here's hoping this lasts...

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
LOL today we were at the grocery store in the check out line and this lady pulled up behind us and Hannah whispered "Mom look, it's cruella De Vil"

I couldn't blame her too much... the woman did bear a striking resemblence. fur coat and all LOL.

The good news? She had enough sense to whisper it to me and the lady didn't hear so I didn't have to crawl into a hole and die from embarassment

:rofl1:

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I'm working away and decided to book myself into a hotel 2 hrs away from where my visit was... Minging cheap dirty hotel! Went for a wander, found an awesome pub with live bands and... A noodle bar! Totally random.

So now I'm back in bed, had a pint of cider and full of noodles :D

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
The bottoms of my shoes were looking pretty bad, no tread left and all that good stuff. A big part of my job is carrying bags of dog food to people's cars, even in the winter through the ice and slush.

My super awesome boyfriend bought me these tonight:

They're even waterproof!

Such a happy person, I've wanted Keens for years!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Went to the mall tonight to buy scrubs for the new job... naturally, I look for tops that have animals on them. I am not sure if I am going to be sneaking in any training days before Christmas, but I saw this top and for $13, even if I don't get to wear it this year (or.... ever. lol) I don't even care! It was too awesome to not have.

It is kitties decorating Christmas trees!! Animals + Christmas = PURE WIN.

I am so excited to be able to wear patterned scrubs!!! At my old clinic we were given uniforms, plain old navy blue. Not fun. Haven't been able to wear cool patterns since I was in school.

Now, I just have to hope I actually keep this job, because scrubs are not cheap lol.

SpringerLover

The bottoms of my shoes were looking pretty bad, no tread left and all that good stuff. A big part of my job is carrying bags of dog food to people's cars, even in the winter through the ice and slush.

They're even waterproof!

So much yay! :)

I am so excited to be able to wear patterned scrubs!!! At my old clinic we were given uniforms, plain old navy blue. Not fun. Haven't been able to wear cool patterns since I was in school.

Now, I just have to hope I actually keep this job, because scrubs are not cheap lol.
You got to wear patterned scrubs at school?!?! *jealous* We have to wear plain uniform ones.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
You got to wear patterned scrubs at school?!?! *jealous* We have to wear plain uniform ones.
Yeppp we could wear whatever we wanted! I rarely wore scrubs though, do you guys have to? I sometimes would to labs, but we had to wear lab coats anyway so it didn't matter much what we were wearing underneath them.

Taqroy

They're even waterproof!

Keens are AWESOME. You will love them. And your boyfriend is very super awesome!

My super awesome husband person bought me these (and another pair but not as cool) last week. I know they're pink, but LOOKIT HOW BRIGHT THEY ARE. You cannot be grumpy in shoes such as these.

joce

My mom bought my husband Keens last year and he has like three pairs now lol! Good luck!

Pumpkin pancakes for breakfast!

Other than laundry and cleaning nothing to do today(may sound like a lot bu no papers!)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
We rejigged the house on Sunday and I loves it. I want to sit in it forever... and this is before we have even actually redecorated.. just moved a few things around. I am sitting in what was our dining room, which is now a sitting room which is differnet to the front room :D And we made the other back room more of a little place to sit and eat.. and we moved the dining table into the old back bedroom.. that room is going to be awesome. It's really old, with a low ceiling and big wooden beam. Going to make it into a kind of dining room come grotto lol With a low chandelier over the dining table (which was handmade by his grandfather), and big candle holders :D

House is turning into a home, finally!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My new insurance doesn't kick in until next month but I'm due for my depo injection tomorrow. I called the doctor's office and found out how much it would be to get it without insurance. Pricey but not horribly expensive. I called Planned Parenthood to see how much it was there expecting it might be cheaper... they are TWICE as expensive as going to the hospital to have it done! Wow.
So I'm just keeping my regular appointment and paying out of pocket. Not too bad and it's only the one time.
This is really good news because my new insurance doesn't appear to cover my hospital (it covers the other one in town) but I was hoping to go out-of-network and stay where I am rather than switch doctors... given how relatively inexpensive it is, I think I'm going to be able to do that!
Also I just remembered that I THINK I have a credit on my account there, so this may actually cost me nothing. Hurray!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
First day back at the preschool today after our vacation and it was so heartwarming how much the kids missed me :)

One boys mom said that he insisted on praying for me every night. She said he would say "We have to pray for her because she is at Disney World" LOL. Such a sweetie.

All the kids were giving me lots of hugs and saying they missed me and they are glad I am back and the teacher said she really missed us too... especially since our Christmas program is tomorrow night LOL so it was kind of a bad time for me to take off to Disney but that trip was planned before I got this job hahaha.

Xandra

I GOT MY ****ING N, I GOT MY ****ING N, I CAN DRIVE BY MYSELF I CAN DRIVE BY MYSELF.
(obligatory lower case for the killjoy forum software.)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Tonight is our Christmas concert at the preschool. This could be interesting LOL but no matter what happens it will be cute at least :p

Hannah plays Mary :)

Members online

No members online now.