What do you keep your kibble in?

Hillside

Original Twin
I currently have a food bin that I got at Target a couple years back. It has an airtight/bug proof seal, but is pretty cumbersome and takes up a lot of space. When I get a second dog, they may or may not be on the same kibble and I will need to get another kibble container to store their food in.
This is what I currently have:

So...what do you use?

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Its hard to explain, but its a giant barrel thing that has an o ring for the lid and it has teeth that lock the lid on, then a band that goes around the teeth of both the barrel and lid and it snaps down. I think its for horses? Maybe? I think it came from the feed store.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
For Rosey's food, I use the bag :p It's resealable and just convenient to plop the bag beside her bowl and refill when needed.

The ferrets I have a large milkbone bin I keep enough food for about 3 months in, it's kept on the landing halfway upstairs. Then there is a smaller container (I think it's meant to keep pasta in) I transfer food in from the milkbone container, it holds about a week of food, and it's kept beside the ferret cage. Then I have baggies in the freezer in roughly week portions to use once the milkbone container is out :p

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
We keep raw in the freezer but for kibble, I've heard great things about vittle vaults

LauraLeigh

I use a green flip top container intended for an organics program...

It works great! I always dump it totally before adding the new bag so the kibble stays fresh, Nuts and Minnie always used to claw the bags, I swear you'd think I starve those cats sometimes!!

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
A plastic bin similar to Hillside's. But I just kinda cut the top off my bag and stick the whole bag down inside the bin lol.

ACooper

We have this on the wall in the utility closet:

I LOVE IT! It holds an entire 40lb bag of kibble. First in, first out. No rotation issues.

crazedACD

I use the bag as it is easier to drag out than a bin. I can't stand in the closet and dole out food for 8 dogs, I set the bowls on the counter and fill with a scoop.

These do work well though for one or two dogs. Stackable.

You can get air tight lids from that company (Gamma) I believe that go on 5 gallon buckets.

We can't really leave the bag out as someone - if not the dogs, then the cats, and if not the cats, then the mice - would get into it, nor do I want a gigantic container in my living space. So we keep the bag inside a metal garbage can in the basement, and keep a smaller regular food storage container in the cupboard that holds several days' worth.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
We have a vittles vault. It works great. It even fits into a kitchen cabinet so it's out of sight :)

Hillside

Original Twin
I'm definitely thinking about switching over to Vittle Vaults, I think they would make the most sense and take up the least amount of space.

Gypsydals

When the boys where on kibble, we used something similar but slightly taller and narrower on wheels. I think we got it at walmart.

Lyzelle

I use a plastic bin I got from Target. It doubles as Zander's food stand, so it all works out. All I have to do is lift the lid, scoop the food, place bowl back on top. Eventually I'll decorate it with markers and such, but for the moment it's plain. I think it holds right at 30-40lbs of kibble, so it's perfect for one dog. And if we happen to get a second dog, I'll get a second container, and that all works out as well...especially if they need a different food. Fool proof for DH. :)

Members online

No members online now.