Beach Nightmare 2.0 (and probably the last)

milos_mommy

So, if any of you recall our last beach trip....not fun. Milo seriously enjoyed the water but i thought my eardrums would explode from the wind, contact lense BLEW out of my eye so i was half blind, and in the car i had to bundle up Milo in my sweatshirt and jacket and blast the heat he was so shivery.

It was 70 out yesterday so i figure, great, a nice beach day before memorial day (when no puppers are allowed). We piled in mom's convertible mustang, top down, wind in our hair/fur, paul simon blasting, etc.

Wander past the obxious college kids playing tonsil hockey in the sand and get to the water. Milo hopped right in. There were quite a few people and some other dogs down the beach so i tied another leash to the first leash so he could go in farther. I even took off my socks and sneakers and rolled up my jeans and waded into my knees. I threw some sticks in for him to chase, grand 'ole time.

Unfortunately, Milo swallowed half the ocean.

I was trying to dry off my feet as best i could so Mom took Milo and walked him up a ways. I had the baggies, so when she came back i asked if he went potty. She informed me he had diarrhea pretty badly, and then thrown up. I chalked up the vomit to the salt water but the diarrhea worried me a bit because he wasn't feeling great a few days ago.

Back at the car, he vomitted again, and was, again, shivering like CRAZY (it wasn't very cold...i was in a tank top and fine). I dried him off best i could with the towel i brought, then got his sweater on him (no easy task...i couldn't do it with the leash and in the parking lot i didn't want to let him off leash so i ended up holding him with one arm and putting his sweater on with my other hand. Wrapped him back in the towel, and put my thick sweatshirt over him so pretty much everything except his eyes and nose were covered. In the car, he was basically asleep on my lap, crying and lying there all miserable.

Then he sits up and vomits about three gallons of fishy nasty salt water ALL OVER my mom's mustang. On me, on the gear shift, on the center console thinger, on the floor, etc.

Well, honestly. What am i supposed to do at this point in time besides laugh? I'm covered in puke, the car's covered in puke, Milo's groaning and moaning and whatnot. So i burst out laughing because it was **** funny. Not him being sick, but the car being all gross and it being such a total nightmare. Which led to my mom getting all pissed off (IT'S NOT FUNNY. YOU WOULDN'T BE LAUGHING IF THIS WAS YOUR CAR!).

Oh wells.

Then i get home and get him in a nice warm bath. He's all messy and stinky and whatnot. (oh, he also very near buried himself in sand after he got out of the water.)

The goon starts BLOWING bubbles in the bathtub. He REALLY doesn't need to swallow any more water, so i'm trying to hold his head up and he's getting all pissy i won't let him play.

So he, covered in bright blue shampoo, jumps out of the tub and start running around the bathtub. I'm half naked because i needed to get the pukey clothes off, i have no towel, i'm hollering for my brother to get me a towel and he's bringing me these wrinkled soaked ones he used for HIS shower because he's too lazy to go in the laundry, Milo's making a bloody mess, etc.

Finally i get him all rinsed and as dry as i could get him while he wiggled. Then of course, he's got to zoomie everywhere. I need to put swim-ear in his ear to prevent ear infections because i know he got a ton of water in his ears. Well, it turns into a game of chase which i am so NOT interested in. Finally i rally him into the bedroom and try to dry him off more because he's still **** wet, he won't let me comb him, etc. Fine, maybe i raised my voice a *tiny* bit when he jumped out of the tub and zoomied and wouldn't let me comb him, but still, he doesn't have to be a brat.

So i leave him in the room. When i went to check on him ten minutes later, he managed to turn the fan on (does he want pnemonia?). Then my mom comes in, and the little brat goes and snuggles all up to her acting all sick and cute and miserable. He won't come near me to get dried off, yet he's kissing grandma's butt. So then my mom's all "she's a bad mummy, she didn't dry you off good".

Then he threw up again all over the bed :rolleyes: and went to sleep.

I was pretty worried he might REALLY be sick, but this morning he's full of pep, dashing around chasing Benji and shoving toys in my face. I'm just glad he's okay.

and also, i got pictures.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
OMG sounds like you had a very interesting day. He may have gotten all the seawater out of his system by now. I'd still keep a close eye on him, but he sounds like he's fine. Sorry about the puke all over the place. That stinks...

Funny story

Now...

Where are those pictures?

M

MyHorseMyRules

Is it terrible of me to have found that extremely funny? I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm sorry you had a bad time and that he was sick. But... The way you told it... Was just SO funny. :p

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
that was absolutely hilarious

it reminds me of the time roofus wasn't feeling well... he knocked my significant other over on the way in the door, and when he started crying because he had just been knocked into the wall on his bad knee, roofus went over to see if he was okay. He sniffed his head for about ten seconds, then threw up all over him. It was so funny I had to sit down on the floor and cry. Mickey sprinted off to the shower and I was still laughing.

i imagine the same thing would happen if i took my dogs to the ocean... luckily, it's only fresh water in ohio :D

Members online

No members online now.