Pictures of your dog

lee301

Personal T-shirt designer
I am starting a new company that sells t-shirts and I am interested in pictures of your AKC dog. If you want to immortalize your dog, please send me pictures of your him or her as either a puppy or adult. I need to know the breed and have your permission to reprint the pictures. I love all dogs and want to see them have fun. Any picture that makes your dog look good, funny, having a good time with other pets or by themselves. If you have confirmation pictures,agility pictures, etc., please send me the pictures and I will put them in my breed book. I make t-shirts, mouse pads, etc. I do not make much money on them, but, it helps pay the bills attending dog shows.
Thank you.

caseyolee

Border Collies R' Us
Why only AKC registered dogs? I have an ABCA registered Border Collie in a crouch pose I'd like to have on a t-shirt.

lee301

AKC Dogs

I do t-shirts of all kinds of dogs and cats. The reason I am asking for AKC standard dogs is that I attend AKC events and people are looking for breed specific dogs that meet the AKC standard. I am collecting pictures I can use that other people will want to buy. Personally, two of my dogs are pet quality and the pic I use with my name no one else would buy because her ears are too far apart. Nevertheless, she is my favorite subject of my own personal t-shirts.
For other registeries, AKC confirmation people (who are my main clients) are extremely picky about what photos of dogs they will wear. Breed standards differ according to the registery. Agility and obedience people are more liberal in what they view as the standard.
But, I would love to have a picture of your dog and would eagerly add it to my photo book for people who want a picture of that breed. Some of my photos are great and fun and good sellers even with a dog that does not conform to it standard.
I am not familiar with your registry but would like to learn more.
Thank you.

caseyolee

Border Collies R' Us
American Border Collie Association

It promoted the working border collie and not the "show" border collie.

We are a member-owned registry with over 9000 members (Life and Annual), and we provide a full range of services to members in good standing. Our activities are overseen by a Board of Directors elected by the membership.

The ABCA exists to register, maintain and verify the pedigrees of Border Collies, to promote and foster in North America the breeding, training and distribution of reliable working Border Collies, and to promote stockdog trials and exhibitions
-ABCA Website

This is my 7month old pup. NAME: Circle C's Five Star Flye Away

lee301

The working dog vs the conformation dog is a big issue with a number of breeds in the AKC right now. With herding dogs, like shetlands, the standard is supposed to identify the traits that make it a herding dog and penalize those qualities that would disquality it from herding. Unfortunately, many breeders read into the standard what they want to hear. I am lucky in that I am around a group that preaches the standard any time we talk about our breed.
My wife and I also are vey fond of border collies as well as the austrailian shepherd. Those are two other breeds we would consider owning if we had a larger place.
If we add other dogs right now though, I think we will look at toy breeds.

caseyolee

Border Collies R' Us
I'm a little against today's AKC border collies. A handfull of peolpe have really ruined the whole comcept of the "working dog." I'm not saying that it's entirly the AKC's fault, but the way theu "push" breed standards, they haven't helped over the years.

A little FYI: The ABCA will de-register your dog if it wins a conformation title.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Off-topic, but I had to reply..

It's upsetting to me that the ABCA voids registration if a dog wins a conformation title. Versatility in the breed should be celebrated, not scorned.

I don't like the Border Collies that are in shows, in fact I honestly can't call them Border Collies with a clean conscience. However, showing in conformation does not detract from the quality of a working dog. The future breeder of my next puppy has a specials quality boy, who is going to make his show debut soon.. He is from 100% working lines (a cousin of Dakota, actually - on his dame's side) and is one of the most structurally correct Border Collies I have seen, and will also be a wonderful stock dog. I find it sad that this lovely little guy's ABCA registry will be revoked when he finishes his championship.

I love Border Collies, and I am sticking with this breed because I love the dogs - but I HATE the politics. People get so caught up in their agenda that they lose sight of the overall improvement of this wonderful breed. This goes for both show breeders, and working breeders. Why not encourage versatility?

Julie

I am back again.
All of my dog's are AKC registered. What do you pay for rights to the picture?
You make money, what about the photographer????

NEVERMIND.............

I think you would be disappointed,
If you haven't noticed, My dogs' NOSE HOLES are too big.......

They smell a dirty duck from a mile away.

Thanks Anyway,
Julie.

caseyolee

Border Collies R' Us
I agree versatlilty should be there too.....I'm not 100% with the de-registration the ABCA does if your dog wins a confo title, but I see where they are coming from. I don't like the "show" BC's either. But, a BC that wins an AKC confo title and then goes out and wins a major herding title (not akc herding title) is OK in my book ;)

I just wish people would keep the original breed "standard" in sight.

S

stirder

I agree...a dog should be able to do what it was bred to do, and should be able to PROVE that it is able to do it. for instance german shepherds in akc, all they do is stand them so it appears the dog cannot hold its own butt off the ground. that angulation has become bred into the american bloodlines. how can a dog be a herder, gaurdian, scent dog, and everything else the breed has proven itself to excel at if it cant support its own rear weight??? none of the winning (there may be a few breeders who show and work the dogs) german shepherd breeders in akc conformation shows have EVER worked there dogs in schutzhund, herding, or anything else.
the good side is that tons of american and germans who compete in herding and schutzhund also do conformation. the problem is that those are the dogs who meet the breed standards, not the american show dogs.

showpug

Rip's Girl said:
It's upsetting to me that the ABCA voids registration if a dog wins a conformation title. Versatility in the breed should be celebrated, not scorned.

I don't like the Border Collies that are in shows, in fact I honestly can't call them Border Collies with a clean conscience. However, showing in conformation does not detract from the quality of a working dog. The future breeder of my next puppy has a specials quality boy, who is going to make his show debut soon.. He is from 100% working lines (a cousin of Dakota, actually - on his dame's side) and is one of the most structurally correct Border Collies I have seen, and will also be a wonderful stock dog. I find it sad that this lovely little guy's ABCA registry will be revoked when he finishes his championship.

I love Border Collies, and I am sticking with this breed because I love the dogs - but I HATE the politics. People get so caught up in their agenda that they lose sight of the overall improvement of this wonderful breed. This goes for both show breeders, and working breeders. Why not encourage versatility?
Amen :)

Well my dog's registered with the Canadian Kennel Club not the American Kennel Club, but he still conforms to standard. The little white dog is a maltese/shih tzu/poodle. The duckling is my pet, Pato. You may have rights to use these pictures and reprint them, his name's Trishamar's Kindred Sirit and he has been bred by Tim and Melody Roth

Twilight

Boxer Rescue
and my dads 2 wire haired fox terriers Paddy on the right (KC name Townwyre Major Tom) and Connie (KC name Townwyre Fair enough)

Members online