Which Chazhound dog would you be.....

mrose_s

BusterLove
Riot popped into my head straight away.

Honestly, Harry I wouldn't be surprised about. That said, we don't let him end up in a situation where he could feel provoked. As provocation to him is a very weird thing. It can be a vet thats been patting him in a strange place for 15 seconds already. We used to worry a lot more at the vet, the most recent vet we took him to was great. we explained what Harry was like, so he threw some treats on the grond. Harry's heart is directly linked to his stomach and soon lost his fear of the vet and relised OMG! HE"S GIVING OUT FREE FOOD! which was then followed by a very pretty sit down and a wagging tail. The change was hilarious.
Even when he was a pup and mum took him everywhere, he just had no interest in people, just nothing. Unfortunatley this grew into a reactive nerrvousness over time.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I'll flat out say it. I WOULD NOT be surprised if..............AgilityPup's Sasha bit someone. She hasn't before, but I know VERY well she is capable.

And it would surprise me most if Zoey bit. She's nipped me, when playing agility, and has snapped MY hand for putting her in her crate, but I can't see her biting a stranger out of aggression, maybe excitment, during agility training, and maybe if you grabbed her in a sensitive spot, which no one should be doing, so they dont have to worry.

Dekka

Just try me..
Kaiden will bite if provoked. Actually I think all mine might, except maybe Scandal and the whippets.

BostonBanker

Well, since I know her best, I'd probably be most surprised if Meg bit - over anything, provoked or not. I've pulled her out of scuffles with other dogs, pried raw bones out of her mouth, and my nephew managed to pull himself into a stand by using the loose skin on her back as leverage (not something I would ever allow, but it caught me off-guard). She's as close to bombproof as I think any dog can be with people.

The fila crowd of course came to my mind when the "biting if provoked" part was mentioned.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Interesting concept! I didn't think of that, BUT it goes both ways, if you won't play nice and be gentle with my child, you turn and take the baby & walk off. Fair square etc
To be sure. But although my reaction would be "Get away from my dog!" And I have actually said that to a creepy homeless guy . . .

But none the less, having a dog that won't bite under those circumstances is best . . . because one day you could be looking at the sunset, or at traffic, and someone could just run up . . .and the dog bites . . . and well, yeah. . . so its one thing to feel that your dog should never be in that situation, and another to try and train them to cope with it. Even if the other person wholy deserved to be bitten, I'd like to avoid in the lawsuit myself.

adojrts

Well, I think most of us here, know our dogs pretty good.......I train my dogs.....get them socialized, continue to socialize them, compete with them and Petie has met thousands of people. I am also aware that he prefers to remain back for a few seconds and then decide whether he wants to meet someone........that vet tech didn't give him that chance........she had him cornered up against a counter AND on leash where he couldn't leave. Although I am sure he moved back from her and gave her other signs (short of growling) , she kept moving into his space (while cornered). I HAVE trained my dog to cope with all kinds of situations, I was as surprised as anyone that he responded that way and my quard was down........of course one assumes that a vet tech SHOULD know better.
One point I found interesting after the fact....I was told later that that Tech gets bitten ......often and by many different dogs. Now who is the liability? My dog or that Tech? A person can train and condition but can we totally protect them from the idiots/foolish or the stupid and ignorant?

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
of my own, dodger would be the most likely to bite, he never has before and were working hard on the fear he has, and hell put up with alot (an overbearing friend likes to pick him up despite being told not to and hell grumble and push away but has never made a move to ) but he definatly has it in him to nip if he was pushed to the edge...

ruby is the least lightly to bite...even in play if her teeth do so litte as make accidental contact she goes and cowers under the table...shes never been punished by me for ANYTHING (shes never needed it) however i belive she was abused before me. she just loves everyone...including toddlers... (who by her standards all aste like cookies and icecream (shes met 4 toddlers all of them had reacently eaten cookies and icecream so now she has to check baby for icecream and cookie taste lol)

Melissa_W

I would be the most surprised if Kai bit someone, even in self defense. His is extremely passive and his first instinct is always to run.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Hmm, interesting question. From just hearing about some of the dogs here I would think Grace's Eve or Grammy's Ollie would be least likely to bite. But I have not met either one.

Of my dogs. I reallly am not sure. Lizzie is all bark and no bite. If she was in a real threat - I think she would most certainly protect herself or me.
Major is more the type I see bitting by accident, just because he is getting older and tolerates less.

Well if we are talking PROVOKED.........then I would say least surprised: Renee's Kharma, LOL........she is the first to pop in my head :D

Most surprised, even provoked........hmmmmmmm, maybe Baxter'smybaby's Baxter??
Heheh . . . there are situations where I'd be more suprised - and disappointed - if she didn't. But, honestly, I'd bet that Bimmer would be quicker to make the call than even Kharma.

Members online

No members online now.