Invalid owner + adolescent Malinois =

stafinois

Professional Nerd
So, I've gone and screwed up my knee badly. Suspect that it will require surgery. This plus adolescent Malinois is bad news. I need some awesome ideas to keep Stan occupied in the coming months. I might have to figure out how to get him to be more helpful around the house.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Nosework games? work to eat toys? a treadmill off CL? a makeshift spring pole? paying a neighbor to walk him? beating him with a stick?
all of the above?

Build a snow wall/obstacle course around your home.. put the dogs on the other side and let them figure it out lol

~Tucker&Me~

Maybe a chazzer in the area might be able to help you out and take him out with their dog if there is some local members and you are comfortable with that.

Otherwise I like all of AdrienneIsabel's ideas.

spiffy

That's bad bad news. :( Plenty of toys and probably hide and seek games will ward off cabin fever.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Nosework was my first thought but then again, I've done two nosework sessions today soo.....

Red Chrome

Maybe teach him things like picking up the remote/phone, throwing garbage away and bringing you certain items. Turning lights off is another good one. You might also be able to do stationary exercises with him, proofing them more etc.

The work to eat toys and puzzles are nice too! I actually have a couple puzzles that I don't use anymore, if you're interested in them, let me know and I'll ship them to you!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Y'all actually have puzzles that take your dog some time? I still haven't found a Mia-proof one.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Y'all actually have puzzles that take your dog some time? I still haven't found a Mia-proof one.
I use the pyramid and wobblers. The tornado does okay but empties pretty quickly. Otherwise they are really just too easy.

Sometimes something as simple as pouring breakfast in a box inside of a box inside of a box is a great time killer for dogs.

I use the pyramid and wobblers. The tornado does okay but empties pretty quickly. Otherwise they are really just too easy.
Yes, my dogs learned to just pick the whole things up and drop them.

Sometimes something as simple as pouring breakfast in a box inside of a box inside of a box is a great time killer for dogs.
This x1000. Put some food in a box, wrap in in duct tape or packing tape, then that inside another box, repeat until you run out of boxes.

yoko

It takes some time but I'll buy yoshi those rope toys and then I'll untie them and loosen it up enough to shove kibble into the knots and rope part

The only thing is you do need someone to help to get it back tight.

Doberluv

I'm so sorry about your knee. Hopefully, someone can help you out with walks and such. You've been given some great ideas. I can't really add a thing. But I sure do like the idea of teaching him to bring you things. Good luck with the recovery.

Members online

No members online now.