Have you ever worked with a partner (romantic not business!)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I think I could really help my other half out in his business, and keep telling him he should employ me :D Not sure he's that convinced lol. Basically I have more than enough experience to visit families in times of crisis, and he is over run with work. If I did the family visits and the paper work, he'd have more time to do other things.

He'll never employ me, because he knows I'm too bossy :p But maybe at some point in the future he'll realise what a good thing it could be.

Have you ever done it?

My aunty and uncle set up a business together after they were at uni together (physio) and never looked back :)

Doberluv

Being married in itself is HUGE work. LOL. So anyone who is married or otherwise in a romantic partnership is already working together. Hehehehe...I know what you mean though. Yes, I worked with my husband in our machine shop. He did most of it. I just helped out with the books and stuff and did a little help in the shop itself.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Ya.
It was too much.. seeing each other at home, at work, and we go to the same college. Ugh frankly, it was just too much for me. I needed some time AWAY. Some time to miss him and hell, even some time to do some stuff during my day to talk to him about that he isn't there for.
We would get in a fight and NEVER have a place to just get away and cool off because our responsibilities had us IN EACH OTHERS FACES all the time.

Our friends were mutual at work naturally, which is ANNOYING because there is no safe haven/person at work to just talk to/vent at about your issues because hey, you never know who they could tell and the rumor mill..

Worst of all.. you know that feeling when you have a bad day and work and school and you just come home and land in your awesome boyfriend comfort zone?
Working with each other took that from me. He wasn't this special comforting "something to come home to".. he was just this guy, that was there, ALL THE TIME.

Rides home from work got quieter, date nights/"quality time" non existent (I mean, who could blame us.. we saw enough of each other monday-friday between work-school)

It didn't work very long. I quit and started another job.
We broke up later on, for reasons unrelated but things got A LOT better with us when we worked seperately.

but yea, it works for some people. but in my book, I don't mix business with pleasure. I like my work time and lovey dovey safe haven far away from eachother lol

Zoom

Twin 2.0
It can work, it can be the worst thing on earth. It really depends on how good you two are at keeping work and personal separate.

Members online

No members online now.