supplies for diabetic cats?

bjolly

one of my cats was just diagnosed with diabetes. Poor little guy, also known as Satan with Fur. We knew he wasn't feeling well when he let the vet examine him without needing either sedation or arm length leather gloves (no joke, last time he was at the vet they couldn't even weigh him, much less examine him).

anyway, he will be needing twice daily insulin shots, for the rest of his life. Is there anywhere I can get the syringes and insulin online for less $$$$ than getting them from my vet?

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Not sure what the laws are in your state, but you could go to a "people" pharmacy and see what their prices are.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
We got our insulin and needles from a local human pharmacy. I don't know how much everything was because my parents paid for it, but I do remember that little bottle of insulin lasts quite a long time, since they are only getting a few mLs of it each shot. (I think Rush was getting 2mLs twice a day, or something along those lines.)

Just a helpful hint, since they are supposed to eat before every insulin injection, we would always give Rush some canned cat food as we injected him. We would do it at a set time of day in the same spot, and it got to the point where he would come up to us and beg for the canned food - right at the time he needed his injection. :) He was a very good boy and would let us inject him without a reward or anything, but giving him the canned food really made the process enjoyable for him and saved us alot of headache via having to hunt him down and hold him still.

Members online

No members online now.