Color retrieves

Saeleofu

I just took a video of my dog that's apparently way smarter than I give him credit for xD

So, yesterday I threw out a rope, a shoe, a pen, and his leash. He knows the name of the leash, and we have done the pen and the shoe before, but not often enough that I thought he'd know names. He's never done the rope before. For shits and giggles, I thought I'd try something. It went like this:

"Get the shoe" He brings me the shoe

"Get the rope" He brings me the rope

"Get the pen" He brings me the pen

"Get your leash" he brings me his leash

Sooooo...I was bored tonight even though I'm supposed to be doing homework. Sat down with the camera this time, and threw out three ropes - red, blue, and green. See for yourself what happened :rofl1:

YouTube - Color Retrieves

Sorry about the camera turn at the end, I'm just bad at video work, and I wanted to get his BIG wave in at the end :rolleyes: :D

ACooper

AWESOME! Not too shabby for a 'color blind' creature eh? LOL I love his big wave, and the look of 'I'm so smart' on his face while doing it :rofl1:

Off Topic:
The little pop up bubbles, like one said 'doggie ADD' and one said 'video fail' and there was another I forgot, but anyway, did YOU add those? or how does that work?

Saeleofu

I added those - when you upload a video on YouTube, it allows you to add annotations ;)

ACooper

Ah OK! LOL, I saw the "doggie ADD" pop up and thought, WELL! HOW RUDE! LMAO!! But if YOU added it, then it's all good :D

I might have a couple vids on youtube, but I haven't added in a long time and normally just use photobucket anymore, LOL

B

Backward_Cinderella

He is SO flippen cute! I just love that face!
I'm shocked about the colored ropes. That's pretty cool. Someone needs to retest the "colorblind dog" theory.

Saeleofu

I'm shocked about the colored ropes. That's pretty cool. Someone needs to retest the "colorblind dog" theory.
Well, they do have some color vision. They don't really see in black and white, but they don't see colors the way we do. I read something recently that they see purple and white the best, but I don't remember where I read that.

However, this is purely coincidental. I never trained the colors. He just got lucky ;)

It's officially false. Dogs are not color blind. They don't see color as well as we do, they see somewhat of a muted rainbow, but they have rods and cones just like us, so they DO see color.

Edit to add Linky

B

Backward_Cinderella

LOL!
I had read somewhere (maybe here) a while back that they see colors, but they're muted, not like we see them. There was a chart with it too, but I can't remember what exactly it looked like.

Saeleofu

I wanted to pass along this article, it has a representation of a dog's visible spectrum and a human's

Members online

No members online now.