dogs do talk

Susi

Hi,
referring to beating your dog, that is the worst thing you can do. They dont understand this type of language.

I have found a book which discribes the dog language. It is very easy and my two understand exactly what I want.

One can yawn, or turn your head and if it really gets bothering then I turn my whole body away, to say I have had enough of them. I yawn when I want the to be a little quieter, or just look away. If you study the dog language you will get on a lot better with them, just watch how they are amongst each other.

I now just have to look at them and they know what is going on.

I am sure there is a book somewhere you can get. Some people will look funny at you though when you start doing some dog talk, but who cares, you are the clever one.

Love Susi

Mordy

Quigleyfied
sounds like either "calming signals" by turid rugaas (ISBN: 0967479606), or "how to speak dog" by stanley coren (ISBN: 074320297X).

Susi

Yes that the book. I have only got one in german should be the same
susi

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
there are two different types of dog talking on this thread,,,hehe....Victor's face at the dogs "talking" was priceless...but he won't do it..we tried , he said bark bark, oh well. I would like to read the book that was discussed. I learned from one that when a dog is confused he will yawn. My friend Jim thought his dog was being sarcastic when he would give a command and GArg would yawn..then Jim would show him the finger..not real effective training going on there..when i i explained that Garg was yawning not because he was bored, but because he was confused, Jim felt bad. Crossed signals..misunderstandings..the more we learn the better we can communicate.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I just have to say I love the one that says "i want my momma" that is so cute lol. kinda looks like pro47's spud :D

Members online

No members online now.