Last 10

I just spent the last 10 minutes giggling quietly, watching Kharma eat watermelon.

I had one of those mini watermelons. I'd cut it in half and eaten most of one half, then put the rind in a bowl on the floor. Kharma took it out of the dish and had it firmly wedged between her two front paws, using her bottom front teeth to scrape ALL the flesh out, eyes closed, concentrating blissfully.

We are SOO gonna have watermelon this summer :D

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Ohhh that soundS HILARIOUS! I'll need to get some watermelons this summer... I'm sure llsa will be forever thankful!

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I can just picture it!! Hilarious :)

Apparently watermelon is one of the healthiest fruits for dogs, so not only was it funny, but a healthy treat! I'm going to have to try this with Sierra, see how she manages. Something tells me she's not nearly as smart as a Fila ;)

ACooper

Vanilla I think it will have to do with if she likes it or not............if she likes it, SHE WILL FIND A WAY to get at it :D

That is FUNNY Renee, silly Kharma!

I have tried and tried to get Orson to eat fruits..........no luck. He loves veggies of all kinds, but no fruits. My last doberboy was the opposite, would BEG for fruits when I ate them and wouldn't touch veggies unless hidden in other things.

Kharma is pretty much a health food nut, seems like . . . watermelon, avocados, citrus fruit, FRESH pineapple, pistachios, cashews, really about any kind of nut other than pecans, raw cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, portabello mushrooms. She doesn't, oddly enough, care much for carrots though.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
She made a deal with Sawyer last summer about the carrots. He loves 'em.

Now Kharma's got ME craving watermelon!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh, my gang loves watermelon! Is it that time of year yet? I think fresh strawberries come to TN in May?

You might see them around the end of May, Barb . . . that's when we see them, but we're down in a protected valley vs. the plateau, so we might be getting them a little earlier than you guys.

Just WAIT until you get hold of some of the homegrown tomatoes. Try for Cherokee Blacks or German Pinks.

I took Kharma in with me when I picked up the EVO today.

There weren't any cars in the lot at the vet's, so I took in a can of RediWhip too :D Had all the techs in stitches watching her MADDOG imitation.

And OHHHHHH! If I had a real job . . . . they have a beautiful, blue brindled Pittie baby - 7 months old - that someone abandoned. Even having spent way too much time in a kennel, she is already gorgeously muscled. And SWEET??????? *sighs*

I didn't want to take a chance on freaking her out with the noise from the whipped cream spraying near her face, so I put it on my fingers and let her lick it off. What a little sweetheart. Kharma stood up and put her big ol' head over the counter and Lulu got up and put her face right up to Kharma's, tail going a mile a minute, kissing Kharma all over the nose, lol.

They are afraid that if they don't find a home for Lulu soon, she will have to go to the shelter, and the shelter here has NO history of even trying to find homes for anything remotely Pit. :(

I need a job or I need to find a home for Lulu.

I may try to go by in the morning and see if I can take some quick pics of her.

Hmmmm . . . . Jess?

OH! And really sweet . . . one of the techs picked Lulu up and you should have seen Lulu . . . wriggled her way up until she had her head over the tech's shoulder, snuggled into her neck to go to sleep - just like a human baby.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh, I hope she finds a home. No pittie should go to a shelter. She sounds like a sweetie.

Renee, I'll have to look for those tomatoes. I'm thinking of putting in some veggies and was told to wait until Mother's Day just like up north because of frost.

You can put them out and use some plastic and tent them while there's still frost. That way you can get a jump on things. If you put a dark barrier over the ground to soak up the heat from the sun, they'll really take off.

And if you ask, you might score some manure dirt from the cattle farm. The stuff that accumulates in and around the barn is usually great; it's usually pretty deep and the under layers are well on their way to decomposing. It's the best rose food you can get too.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
She sounds like a very pretty, and sweet girl, I hope that she finds a home soon...

Members online

No members online now.