Post spay bleeding???

• Thread starter Backward_Cinderella
  • Start date
B

Backward_Cinderella

Anyone ever deal with this?

Poor Piglet is running around with a pull up on until she goes to the vet tomorrow to get her stitches out. I noticed some blood on the couch earlier and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. She sat on Jon's lap earlier and then Jon found a blood spot on his ACUs.... Checked her out and she is bleeding a small amount from her vulva. She is unimpressed with the pull up but can't get to it because of the cone of shame she's wearing to keep her away from her leg injury...

I haven't gotten to this point in my veterinary assistance studies, so I don't know if this is normal or not, or if there's anything I can do about it short of making her feel even stupider because now she has not only a cone of shame but a diaper on...

Help? LOL

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Haven't dealt with it, as Rosey is intact, but from learning at school, it happens more often than people realize. It's normal for them to have a little blood for up to 2 weeks post-spay, it should get less and less.

Wasn't she spayed like, a week ago, though? It's possible she tore an inner stitch and it's just bleeding from that... as long as it stays a little bit there's not much to worry about.

B

Backward_Cinderella

Thanks Jess! Its just a few drops here and there, but I stupidly bought a white couch two years ago and it looks pretty scary on that. Its dark blood, so I don't think its new, from tearing a stitch... maybe just left over from being spayed not long after having puppies? Never been around a new mama, so I don't know if they're like humans and bleed for a while after giving birth. *feeling pretty stupid right about now*
She's alternating giving me the sad look and grumble bumming at the dragon altar. Weirdo.

LOL

JessLough

Love My Mutt
LOL

If it's dark, it's likely just the body just getting rid of the "leftover" blood from the surgery and nothing to worry about :)

B

Backward_Cinderella

Thanks lady. <3 That's exactly what I just read in my text book.
*When in doubt consult Chaz and while waiting for answers, find it in your text books!!!*

LMAO

Members online

No members online now.