Quit Smoking today and Everything is going wrong... Grrrr

LauraLeigh

My son was in a minor accident with another car, the car was turning left out of a mall, and drove into the back quarter of our truck... The guy then tries to say Jonah hit him in a sideswipe style accident... Unmm buddy the damage is on your bumper, not your fender... If he side swiped you it'd be on the "side" not the front corner of your car... The long and short of it is that even though my son's account made sense, and the damage to both vehicles supports this... The older guy driving the fancy new car would not lie, would he!?

The sad part is, the police refused to lay any fault even though my son was driving straight down the street, And this guy pulled out of a mall, left, into his truck, the insurance company is deeming the accident 50/50 and Jonah's insurance will go through the Roof.... On top of that the damage to the car was literally a scuffed front bumper and broken headlight... So it will cost Jonah likely several thousand dollars in increased insurance over the next 5 years for tops a $1500 dollar repair... Sigh

Then John gets sick, and I had to run him to emergency because of his cancer and how fast he can fail, he is doing better now, and on meds and a puffer for the nasty cold he is fighting...

On top of that this is the first Valentines Day I have, in 24 years not spent with my hubby, he's on a dream racing trip to Florida!

So yeah..... I want a smoke!!! But I have resisted and plan to keep resisting!!!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Go to the store and buy yourself some sugar free lollipops! Then eat the whole bag!!

Think of it this way... if you can make it through THIS day without smoking, the rest should be a snap, right? (((((HUGS))))))

LauraLeigh

Ok, LOL this is the Gods Honest Truth... I just went to start my car to run up to our shop because a security sensor went off and it won't start... My starter appears to be fried and Hubby us in Florida.. Thankfully I know how to drive the Tractor I took that up to Check (False motion alarm)....

I figure this must be a test.... LMAO

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
It is a test. How committed are you to quitting? :). Maybe the failed starter was to delay you the ability to gO to the stOre to buy smokes. If you are truly committed to quitting you will do it no matter the circumstances. You can do it :)

My dad is 65. He started smoking when he was 12. He quit cold turkey ten years ago and he is still smoke free. If he can do it so can you :)

Members online

No members online now.