canidae or Eagle Pack???

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Ok, I have just started my second bag of the Eagle Pack holistic select chicken meal and rice formula but I was curious at which would be best to feed my puppies. I have a 9 month old lab who is about 60lbs and a 4 month old standard poodle who is about 30 lbs. At the store I go to the have the Eagle Pack and the Canidae for about the same price and I know Canidae is for all stages of life, where the Eagle Pack that I am feeding now does not have feeding requirements for large breed puppies and suggest that I switch over to the Large breed puppy formula (which they no longer carry). Which is a better food the Eagle Pack I feed or the Canidae? I noticed to when I looked at the Canidae bag that I would still be feeding more Canidae than Eagle Pack though. Any thoughts on this?

Mordy

Quigleyfied
both canidae and the eagle pack holistic select chicken are "all lifestages" formulations, so it doesn't really matter. either one is fine.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Well would one be better for them than the other? The two foods are both similar in price range so my husband would allow me to feed either two, unfortunetely no Innova because it's too gosh darn expensive. I would rather not rotate between the two because I am afraid that Hannah's stomach may get really upset.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
your dogs may react different to one or the other, but which one works out better is something that only you can find out, by feeding it.

they are both good quality foods and i don't think you could go wrong with either one.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Well for now I will stick with Eagle Pack, maybe as adults switch to Canidae but it's doubtful. I noticed that the canidae formula has lamb meal labeled in the ingredients which is a BIG no no for Hannah. She doesn't not do good at all on lamb meal. Although I see they are coming out with a new formula of canidae soon so maybe someday I will look into that. For now she is doing great on Eagle Pack and I really don't want to push my luck.

Members online

No members online now.