Saturday's Creek Walk

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I finally got these sorted and loaded! I'll have two threads, one for the dogs and one for the scenery.

Everyone was thrilled to be out:

Sawyer was enjoying playing in the water:

Mary was really loving wading...check out those muscles! I think she looks pretty darn good for a 16(?) year old!

Follow the leader, in color order even!

*MORE*

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Ring around the rosie:

This was a rather steep hill. Smkie and Pepper went first...

Sawyer and Vic blew right up without a second though...

Mary zig-zagged her way to the top:

*MORE*

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Everyone made it, SUCCESS!! (Virgo had loped her way up first)

"Wheee!"

I just love this shot of Mary:

"Oh hai, can't stay to chat!"

*MORE*

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Invisible wall!

I always think Virgo's fur looks like scales or feathers when it's wet:

"Dogs do NOT belong in trees. I learned this long time 'go"

Hanging out over the middle of the river:

*MORE*

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Pawprint; I think it's Mary's:

"Ima water horsie!"

Vic for some reason reminds me of a teenage bodybuilder in this photo:

These next photos were all taken with the dogs running along a 20-30 foot cliff on the other side of the river. See this picture for a better idea:

*MORE*

Zoom

Twin 2.0
The boyz:

The dog that moves like a pony:

Ruler of All He Sees:

Pretty profile:

*ONE MORE*

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Pepper did get a chance to go off and sniff with her snazzy new long line at the end...it would have been a disaster in the woods:

*END*

Lizmo

Water Junkie
The place looks great for walking dogs. Gorgeous pictures, Zoom. All the dogs are beautiful :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
Great pics! Mary does look great in that pic. Smkie, it's so good to see you & Pepper in that pic; you both look so small on that log.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I think there is something a miss with your settings on your camera...i thought so when you posted your duck pictures. Either that or you need a filter. HERE i took one and toned down the yellows just a touch, i think this is more natural coloring. http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=10378&cat=500 just for comparison.

http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=10379&cat=500

Mary is still 15 i am pretty sure, i dont' have it written down anywhere. I believe she was an august puppy but not sure of that either. Jim was always the one to write things down, and i didn't get to keep his "office" book. So there went records of everything.

Nbc0

Zipbeh Zerooo
Congratulations on conquering the hill! The first bunch of photos are neat, everything is the same color of brown and it really makes the dogs pop! Great photos

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Wonderful photos!!! That ridge would scare me though, my dogs would fly off the edge to their deaths! ;)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Great pics! Mary does look great in that pic. Smkie, it's so good to see you & Pepper in that pic; you both look so small on that log.
funny to me i look huge! I use to be 5 10 unless the lady who measured me was wrong during my bone density test she said i was 5 8. So somewhere i lost 2 inches. I haven't measured myself yet to see i am too chicken to. I figure i don't have to cross that bridge until my doc appt. Doesn't pepper look tidy...she is so hard, her little legs are steel and her tonails feel like nails when she stands on my leg. ITis hard to believe that she and VIc could belong to the same species. There are places on Victor that are almost transparent. THe sun would never shine through a space on Pepper and glow pink. She can run tho, like a little brown bullet. I told her "ohhh the SHAME for a little brown girl that walks by herself"...she could be having so much fun.:( we begin obedience soon as it warms up. Hopefully by fall we will be there. In the meantime she gets to watch and wish while i hold her hand.

there is progress...she sits at the door now..i can open the car door and she does not dart out. SHe has not bulleted out the door in a long time. ONly once when i was truly out of it and reached down and grabbed Victor's collar by mistake and opened the door letting peper out :rolleyes: I started the car got her to chase the car///stopped opened the door and she flew in. We got this down now. She puts no effort in it as she did in the beginning going door to door. SHE races into bed to get her spot under my left arm, her head on my shoulder. Not like in the beginning when she refused to come join us instead curling up on a cushion in a hard ball. I started dropping a cover over her. SHe likes to be warm, she is an under the cover by choice girl too.. I was on the sofa last night trying to watcha movie, mary behind my knees, Victor curled into the front of me. Between we three there wasn't a spare inch left. SO pepper jumped right on top, managed to wedge herself on my shoulder and neck. SHe leaned her head over on VIctor and sighed. VIctor in turn reached over and nuzzled her head with his and gave a lick. I told him that he was a very good boy.

zizzle dog one time vic bound right off the edge of one like this, and landed on a clump of roots. My heart felt like glass when he srpung off the roots over the top and kept on running. I have never doubted him since. He did however learn to look before he leaps.:p

Last edited:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Smkie, it's possible and I'm sure I could do with a filter (if it would fit my zoom lens as well as my midrange), but both of those days were very "yellow"...with the ducks, it was late afternoon sun gleaming off of totally brown grass and then here it's nothing but shades of brown with the dogs throw in.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i am not sure...we will see when i get my film back if it is the same way or not.

Members online

No members online now.