Harmful or unhealthy food!!!

tony_hk

Very often, I want to let my dog to try some new food but I am too lazy to search on the internet. I also see many members here occassionally asked "is XXX ok to eat?". It would be a good idea to start a thread summarising all food (especially for fruit and vegetable) harmful or unhealthy to dogs. And may be put it on the top of this forum.

According to what I know.

- Salmon
- Grape
- Chocolate

can everyone helf to contribute?

Tks

tony_hk

Tony Salmon is ok to feed your dog, you just can't feed it RAW because salmon can carry FLUKE. You must be sure it is well cooked before your dog eats it.

Here is a list of things already put together, and it tells you WHY it is bad for your dog as well. Just bookmark :)

http://mooreshaven.com/pets/dogs/safety/badfoodslist.html
Tks ACooper, the list is very useful in some ways. But I some question:

- Apple, apricot, cherries, peaches and pears are ok if the seed is removed?
- Does it mean that I can feed any meats, vegetable and fruits which are not in the list??
- what is "Bread Dough", does it mean all bread?

Tks

After reading the list, I feel that we will have difficult to prepare cook diet for dogs :hail: Let's feed kipple ONLY..

shazbot

not so newby
Yes you can feed those fruits so long as the pits/seeds are removed. Bread dough refers to the uncooked dough that bread is made of. You can feed meats and veggies, keep in mind however that some meats are to rich and can upset stomachs of a pup isn't used to getting fed that.

ACooper

Yes Tony...........pretty much what Shazbot said :) I would add that anything new you feed your dog should be tried out in SMALL quantaties. Dogs are just like people in the fact that they are all different. Just because one dog likes it or can eat something, doesn't mean it will agree with everydog.

Members online

No members online now.