Greetings!

Hello, my name is Rae. I guess I should involve a few basics about myself, .. and of course my pets. Well, .. first of all I am a girl.. 19 years of age. I live in Oregon, and I'm owned by a Tibetan Mastiff, Merrick. What a difficult breed! Tbh, I did not research this breed beforehand. However, with knowing it's a guarding breed, it has to be difficult,.. and when a desperate friend who made a frivilous purchase is at her wits end .. I am more than happy to oblige as I was looking into a dog myself. Of course, he was a terrific dog and I absoulutely adored him when I visited, so that did sway me into taking him in. He is 1yr 1/2 old. As sweet as he is, I was not exactly knowledgeable about guarding breeds and their stubborn natures. So we've had a few rocky months, but it's all worth it. With a bit of help from my training expertise. :D *ahem* Mind you, I am looking for help on the night barking bit, it's driving me nutters.

I also share my house with a degu. Degus are relatives of chinchillas, and they're adorable. Social critters, they must be kept in pairs or large groups. I used to breed them when I was 16, but being that it was too hard to place them into acceptable homes ("What, a contract for a rodent? Ludicrous!" they exclaim.) So, my degu family has slowly dwindled down as I rehomed quite a few. So, I just have William. I used to have two, however my other degu, Twitch, unforunately has passed on and William isn't accepting another degu friend. Which is okay, as I'm more than willing to carry him around while doing my house chores. While Will doesnt take up as much space as Merrick does, he is as dear to me as Merrick is.

Oh, and if you're wondering about my name.. 'Lynx', lynx have been my 'exotic passion' for a long time. They're extremely striking, don't you think? (I admit it though, my sig isn't a lynx, just a regular housecat!)

Anyways, I am looking forward to posting with you all!

Brattina88

Welcome to Chazhound. Great intro to yourself!

:D

Do you have any pics of your dog? ;)

Thanks for the welcome!

I don't, unfortunately. Being 19yrs old out on my own I haven't had the extra money to purchase a digital camera. Probably because I insist on nothing but those fancy digital SLR's thingies. I think the cheapest is 400 dollars. :yikes: Someday ...

But, take my word for it, he is stunning. ;)

Maxy24

Hi welcome to chazhound! I hope you find all the answers you are looking for here as we would all be glad to help with all your questions! :)

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Welcome to Chazhound.

Scanners are cheap.. buy a disposable and get a scanner! Pics are mandatory as some point! :D

Ah yes, it's the toll for entering a forum, I agree. Will and Merrick pics will be added at once when I get some sort of technology-thinga-majig.

Kase

Hi and welcome to Chaz :). I LOVE Lynx, I'm on an animal mamagement course and we got to go behind the scenes of the Lynx enclosure at the local zoo :D.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Hi and welcome to Chazhound! :) Glad to have you here! :)
I do think lynx are gorgeous.

Members online

No members online now.