My dad lost our cat!!!

Sweet72947

Squishy face
My cat, Siam, seen here in this thread: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36370

has been missing since Saturday night :( :( . We just moved to a new house that's about 15 minutes away from our old house. At the old house, the cats were indoor/outdoor cats. They are fixed and microchipped and have all their shots and everything like that. Well, when we took them over to the new house on Saturday night (Sept 30th), my stupid dad just let them out of the carrier outside in the garage (there's a cat door) and Siam took off across the back yard. We haven't seen her since.

Ashten is still with us. He just hangs around in the garage by the food looking depressed. If you're wondering why he's not in the house, he's not allowed inside without strict supervision at all times because he's a notorious sprayer. The only place in the house he can be without supervision is the storage area in the basement where the water heater and all that are. Its a small room and we don't want to shut him in there all the time.

Anyway, we have been contacting animal shelters in our area and my mom made some flyers that we are going to put up.

Please, no debates on indoor/outdoor living. I know all the risks and reasons to keep your cats indoors. Its not my decision to have outdoor cats. My dad is a dictator and a tyrant and what he says goes. When I finally move out into my own place, my pets will be INDOORS.

I want my kitty! :( :(

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Aww, I'm so so sorry! :( I really hope she comes back soon!!!
((hugs))

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
Could you possibly get a ride back to your old neighborhood and walk around there for while?

It is possible your cat did not understand the move and tried to go back "home".

Def. try and have fliers put up in the old neighborhood.

Good Luck

Elissa

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
that's what i thought at first also. check your old house. it's possible she's run off back home. i've had 2 different experiences like this before:

1. My neighbor's dog had puppies, and when she found them new homes (in the neighborhood) they woke up the next morning and 2 of the pups were back home! lol! they left, and went back to their old house. :p

2. we puppy sat 2 black lab puppies, and when the owners came home, they brought the puppies back over to their house, and the next day the puppies were asleep out on our porch! lol! the owners tried everything, but they actually stayed at our house until the day we moved. :D they even got their yard fenced, but they always got out some how.

Chances are, Siam missed home, and went back there. Go check there. Also look around on the way there, because she could've gotten lost in between your new and old houses. GOOD LUCK! I'm soo sorry about what happened. Hopefully she's fine. ;)

Sweet72947

Squishy face
We've been to the old house and haven't seen her there. Its about 15-20 minutes away from my new house. I don't know if Siam could survive getting there because she would have to brave several busy roads to get there.
Our scent already is everywhere around the yard.

Kitty where are you??

Squidbert

Scum scum scum scum..SCUM
Any luck yet?? My cat jumped out my window one day a couple years ago.. I was sick all day.. she came back the next morning covered in grease or oil or something.. I didn't even care I hugged her tight and was covered in filth..
I'm so sorry you're going through this.. I really hope she shows up soon healthy and happy..

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Update: Siam has been found!

Last night we put my jacket outside with food hoping the scent would bring her back, and I guess it worked because at 3:30am my parents awoke to a yowling and it was Siam!:D :D My parents went outside and enticed her into the garage with food. The garage doors are shut and the cat door is blocked so that the cats can't go anywhere. Siam won't come to anybody, she just hides under the car and meows pitifully. I suppose a change in her behavior is to be expected though, since she's just been through a lot.

I'm just happy she's home! :)

(of course all the commotion woke my little dog and I had to take him out to pee at 3:30 in the morning.:rolleyes: )

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Oh my gosh! I am so happy and relieved! :D *Claps excitedly* I want to say to give her a hug but give her whatever she likes best. :)

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
That's WONDERFUL! When we moved, I almost lost Josie, my Calico. It scared me to DEATH! We came home, and let her and my other cat, Dietz sniff around the yard. Well, we were caught up in getting our things in the house, etc, etc, and after a looong day of getting the rest of our stuff in (we'd be coming for the last month moving things a little at a time) we went to feed the cats. Well, Dietz came up when we shook the food bag, but Josie was no where....? So I started calling her, shaking the bag, etc, and my mom came out and asked what was going on, and I was all frantic and I was like sobbing lol! "Mooooooooooooooooooooom *sob* I lost Josieee *sob*" It's funny looking back on it, believe me. Anyway, my mom's like "don't worry she's probably fine", so her and my sister start looking for her, driving around the neighborhood, and I'm sitting out in the yard bawling my eyes out when I hear a meow. :rolleyes: I look over, and Josie is coming out of the shed in the back yard, stretching like she'd just had the best sleep of her life! lol! I ran over to her and scooped her and kissed her all over. lol! She just looked up at me like...."Uh, Mom? Are you okay?" lol! Then she jumped out of my arms, and went and got some food! lol! My mom and sister came home all worried cause they didn't find her, and I was like "Mom, it's fine, she was sleeping in the Shed the whole time." lol! We just laughed, and my mom was like "I told you it was fine, blah, blah, blah, you were over reacting, blah.: :rollyeyes: lol! I was just happy my baby was okay. Congrats on finding Siam! She was probably just trying to check out her new surroundings. :D

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
SO glad to hear you got your kitty back!

I am sure Siam will calm down in a few days

Keep us posted.

Elissa

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Siam is doing better now. The moving kinda freaked her out, but she's calmed down some and is letting us pet her again :D. I think she was kindof mad at us for completely changing everything on her. :eek: ;)

LizzieCollie

Collie Crazy
Im so glad that you found her! I know it must be scary because the same thing happened to me, only I was terrified she had gotten outside. Turns out she was practically under my nose.

Cats are strange creatures, thats why we love them!

mrose_s

BusterLove
panda always freaks a little when we move. we used to lock the cats in the house for almost a week before they could go out when we first moved. just soo they could ground themselves. but panda is so good now. we move. we just pick him up put him in the car (we moved him all over the country, no carrier we don't eve own one) take him to his new home. take him inside and thats it. its his place.

another cat we used to have kept running away untill eventually we couldnt find him anymore. he always went back to our old house.

Members online

No members online now.