Why do people air their dirty laundry on facebook?

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I guess the same reason people air their "so called dirty laundry" anywhere, whether it be facebook, HERE, myspace, phone calls, texts, whatever... some people just feel better when its written out...

who really cares what people post, there is the option of hiding their posts and status on facebook...

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yeah well sometimes you just cant hude the stench of dirty socks

My opinion... If you have something to say then say it and grow up and say it
To the person you are trying to hurt with these silly little backhanded jabs on facebook.

I heard a stupid stat somewhere that facebook is one of the biggest causes of divorce. Uh no people being idiots ON facebook would be the cause lol

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Also i get the concept of getting it off your chest. I get it

However " my heart is broken by my children" and "its sad that family members need to get their sh!t together". Is not getting it off ones chest. Thats playing games at best and trying to hurt someone whonis likely going to see it and know you are being a complete douche

And then eberyone else is privvy to the nonsense lol

milos_mommy

I guess the same reason people air their "so called dirty laundry" anywhere, whether it be facebook, HERE, myspace, phone calls, texts, whatever... some people just feel better when its written out...

who really cares what people post, there is the option of hiding their posts and status on facebook...
IMO it's totally different to complain/vent/rant about someone causing problems for you on a fairly anonymous forum to strangers (where for most of us, no one we know IRL is reading it)...and completely different to personally one-on-one text/call/email someone, than to post it on facebook for your family, friends, and coworkers to all read.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
IMO it's totally different to complain/vent/rant about someone causing problems for you on a fairly anonymous forum to strangers (where for most of us, no one we know IRL is reading it)...and completely different to personally one-on-one text/call/email someone, than to post it on facebook for your family, friends, and coworkers to all read.
Yes when its most likely backhandedly aimed at one of those people

I dont know i've seen the facebook post going around about " im a bitch and proud to be one"

I dont get that. Why are you proud to treat people
Like garbage? Thats a desirable thing to be?

Giny

I guess I've gotten pretty lucky with friends on my facebook account. They're mostly all positive statues, pictures and funny/cute stories. The only time where it was a bit unnerving was during political times, but then again it's unnerving everywhere, not just facebook.

I love my facebook, I'm like others here who posted, where most of my family and childhood friends live far away and this is the best way to communicate with them. I also love that my neighbors are on my list of friends and we chat more on facebook then face to face. lol And I have a few customers who book their appointment there.

Dani

Ninja Dog
I haven't encountered a lot of dirty laundry being aired on Facebook. But I do have friends that frequently complain about how bad their day was, and it makes me think don't be such a downer all the time!

Dekka

Just try me..
I have to say I must be lucky in my FB friends. I don't see dirty laundry, nor too many downers. I have very little patience for negative people... but luckily if people post such things it must be the day I skip FB.

I really like FB for the fun facts, the little tidbits, the pics of friends and family and keeping up with people I like, but don't seem to have time to co ordinate real time connections.

Lynore

I have been experiencing this lately, especially from one woman in the midst of a divorce. Her husband doesn't even have a facebook account and she's still making posts like she's talking directly to him! I hope she realizes he won't see them. I know she probably does realize that. I think she just wants to get everyone to give her the attention she so craves right now. I am very, very careful about what I post on facebook. I am a private person and I have no desire to have every one of my friends and acquaintances know every aspect of my personal life. Some people treat FB as a diary, yet the whole of their friend's list has the key. TMI=FTL.

Doberluv

I don't get Facebook... or Twitter... or any of those sites. I don't want people to know where I am or what I'm thinking/doing etc., and if I haven't gotten in touch with you since high school - well, maybe there's a reason for it! ;)

I am beginning to think I'm one of the few people left who doesn't have a Facebook account and doesn't want one...

May I join the No FB or Twitter Club? LOL. For some reason, I have no interest in those big sites. Chaz is the only forum type thing I go on and even here, not as much as I use to.

LauraLeigh

I personally am pretty careful on facebook, sometimes I even read things about dogs etc that make me shudder and I ignore it because often it will just cause drama with a capitol D....

I have actually deleted serious drama Kings/ Queens from my facebook..... It just gets very old sometimes reading FML over and over again.... Really? I mean its that bad? Or are you just looking for attention....

I do find different on here, if we vent here the odds of someone knowing the "target" of said vent IRL are minimal.......

I do thoroughly enjoy Facebook as a means of staying in touch with family and friends in Nova Scotia, sharing pictures and stories and so on.....

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
LOL yeah I know a lady who posts horrible things about her hubby on facebook and then she TAGS him in the posts :O I mean I guess at least she's not doing it behind his back but seriously. she'll post things like "*husbands name* is a serious disappointment" and she MEANS it... it's not a joke. Like OUCH.

I know what you mean LauraLeigh. There is someone on my facebook who is always posting about how someone is always starting drama with her and she's ALWAYS angry and sometimes I just want to say "if it seems like everyone else is the problem... what's the common denominator there?" but I don't lol

Grab

Gotta love that. My ex is similar. Soooo whiny and oversharing. Recently I knew when and why he'd broken up with the chick he was seeing as well as how many times they'd slept together. Ew.

My FIL is a half-oversharer. He'll post just enough to make people comment to him. "Why does everyone break your heart, guess I'll go eat worms" etc, LOL. So that people say 'what's wrong?' Then, "...*sigh* ...nothing" Well QUIT POSTING THINGS

joce

I just post pictures.... seriously:p

Its called personality disorders. Look them up. Love the drama!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Gotta love that. My ex is similar. Soooo whiny and oversharing. Recently I knew when and why he'd broken up with the chick he was seeing as well as how many times they'd slept together. Ew.

My FIL is a half-oversharer. He'll post just enough to make people comment to him. "Why does everyone break your heart, guess I'll go eat worms" etc, LOL. So that people say 'what's wrong?' Then, "...*sigh* ...nothing" Well QUIT POSTING THINGS
Oh I HATE that lol

Sigh life is the worst thing ever, why does these things always happen to me...

I NEVER post on those status updates because I'm just not going to feed into the attention whoring lol

Members online

No members online now.