new ferret bedding!

Brattina88

I'm excited, so I had to share! :D :eek:

Since we've redecorated the living room and kitchen (its a pretty open floor plan) I've been wanting to get new bedding for the ferret cage, too. Its a chocolate/blue-teal combo throughout the two rooms. Curtains, rugs, couch pillows, etc. I'm pleased that colors make the nice wood - the entertainment center, and bar, etc look even nicer! No more boring hospital white and TOOO much green!! o_0

Anyway, here's the rug in the living room to show the color combo

I've been looking and looking for ferret bedding to match, or at least go together. Since I haven't found any I decided to make my own!

so, $30 of fabric & supplies & about 3-4 hours later (and only one pricked finger! lol) I had new, hand sewn (machine broke:() ferret bedding! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't proud of myself :rofl1:

Here's the top half of the FN - the double hammock I made (Annie's poking her head out lol). The light is reflecting off of the temporary feeding den...

And the bottom half...

you can't see it, but right below the ramp in the top right hand corner is a tube connecting to a remote litter box. linky. I just added that this weekend, too! BEST INVENTION, EVER! :hail: :p

since then I've made a round bed (harder than I thought, but cuute!) and I want to make a cube or a triangle hammock, but I'm out of fabric :p I'm glad they seem to enjoy it as much as I do lol!

Taqroy

I like the color scheme it's pretty! And wanted to add that I got two fleece blankets at the thrift store for four bucks apiece. They're waiting to be cut and sewn into liners for the rat cage. I've been slacking. :eek:

Brattina88

slacker :p

I wish my rat girls wouldnt chew fleece so bad, I'd love to deck their cage out too. But they destroy everything :rofl1:

Taqroy

Ah yeah that would be a problem. I'm hoping that the boys (rats) we're getting aren't super bad chewers cause everything in their cage so far is fleece...lol.

Members online

No members online now.