He Just wont poop less...

Just a rant...

I finally switched Armani to grain free food... I was most excited about these smaller poops I hear of... :rolleyes: his poops are the same size just lighter in color... why cant I have a dog with small poop :confused:

It's all in how he processes it. Just be glad they are NORMAL poops! lol
I know, I know... I should be grateful that he has an Iron stomach and can eat almost anything without a problem but I got a yorkie for god sakes and he poops like something 5 times his size :eek: :p

theresa92841

Gigi Monster & Evil Puppy
I know what you mean. All 3 pupsters are on the same food. Two of them have small poops. and one is poopzilla. <sigh> I've even wondered if it would help to switch her food to more fiber.

BlueChaos

When did you switch? it takes a while for the stomach to adjust to new food.
Also make sure that youre not overfeeding your dog, it seems to contribute to large poos as well.

I know what you mean. Argon and Neon are both Raw fed. Argon (25lbs) poops once a day, tiny little rabbit poops.
When I brought Neon (18lbs) home, he was eating icky Science Diet and pooping 5x a day. I was so excited to switch him over, so I didn't have to take him out every two hours. After 2 months on raw, he now poops 3 times a day, and it's twice what Argon does! I even polled my coworkers to see if they were sneaking him snacks, but no! He's just a poop monster.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Finn's poops aren't smaller per se, but they're firmer and much easier to collect than poop from dogs I've seen on worse foods.

Doberluv

Look at it this way. Larger, bulkier poops assist in draining the anal glands better. I think a little firmer is very nice and that's how my dogs' are. However, their anal glands tend to get over-filled and need expressing from time to time. It may be from lack of roughage. (although I don't know that their digestive systems can be compared to ours, as they apparently don't really process or break down the grains very well) In fact, I start wondering if the totally grain free foods are all they're cracked up to be. Maybe a little non-digestable grain is not a bad thing. I feed Taste of the Wild and it's grain free.

ACooper

Phoebe poops are about the size of a house cat.......not. even. kidding! And it doesn't matter what she eats! :eek: I've never seen a 38lb dog with poops this small! LOL, she is always consistent, firm, nicely formed little poops.......it's VERY strange! (but the good kind of strange, LMAO!)

Orson, well his is more firm on good food, I wouldn't say it EVER gets bigger or smaller though........just.......well, maybe more dense? IDK, but there is a DEFINITE difference in the ODOR of his poops on good vs not as good food!

I just love how we can talk about poop here and it not be weird! :rofl1:

Yes, you are very lucky Armani has a good tummy, can eat different things, and not worry about diarrhea or vomiting :) Not so lucky with Orson.....he doesn't deal with change and certain foods well at all.

Look at it this way. Larger, bulkier poops assist in draining the anal glands better. I think a little firmer is very nice and that's how my dogs' are. However, their anal glands tend to get over-filled and need expressing from time to time. It may be from lack of roughage. (although I don't know that their digestive systems can be compared to ours, as they apparently don't really process or break down the grains very well) In fact, I start wondering if the totally grain free foods are all they're cracked up to be. Maybe a little non-digestable grain is not a bad thing. I feed Taste of the Wild and it's grain free.
^^^ Good point. One of sis-in-law's toy poodles had a terrible problem with anal glands ... repeated impactions and infections. The "prescription" from the vet was to add a little roughage in the form of indigestible grains. It worked ... bigger poops but no more anal gland impactions so no more infections. Finally the dog could be off antibiotics which she was on repeatedly for anal gland infections.

Good thing it worked because if it hadn't worked the next step was surgery to remove the anal glands ... which reportedly is not a fun recovery for the dog. Both her toy poodles were on grain-free ... one did fine, the other did not ... eventually developing the anal gland problem. Not at all saying grain-free isn't good, but apparently some dogs do need grains for one reason or another.

I just love how we can talk about poop here and it not be weird! :rofl1:
:rofl1:

'Course from what I've heard poop talk is much worse on the human baby message board sites. ;)

Members online

No members online now.