Pitt Bull Shot by police

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell

Sweet72947

Squishy face
He said that the two officers were training a police dog to track a suspect through a residential area.
Don't they have abandoned buildings and such they usually use for that? I've never heard of police training dogs on people's property before.

Its all just a big bunch of stupid. It seems the police can do whatever they want, and everyone else just has to suck it up. Looks like what its coming to is that dog owners will have to keep their dogs leashed even in their own yards (fence or no, and heck, maybe even in their own houses if you've read some stories!) just in case some cop wants to come into it for some reason.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
The biggest bullshit factor to me was in the second video when the police officer was going on about how their dog was leashed therefore wasn't in the wrong because the Pit Bull was not leashed and he doesn't even give a **** about the fact the dog was in her own yard.

What do they expect a dog to do when a strange human with a strange dog enter into their own yard? Seriously?

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I know when I heard this on the news I was so pissed. And I am pretty sure that it could have been prevented if the police force notified the community that they were doing this training session before hand. The family probley would have kept their dog tied up or on a leash to take her outside to pee.

What do they expect a dog to do when a strange human with a strange dog enter into the yard? Seriously?
I know, right!

Pops2

if this had been someone's lab or golden the outrage would be through the roof, even w/ the lying media.
governmental abuse like this is what causes revolutions.

ACooper

Don't they have abandoned buildings and such they usually use for that? I've never heard of police training dogs on people's property before.
That was my first thought Sweet! WTF were they doing traipsing UNINVITED into people's yards? It's a bit different when they are CALLED in a situation, or bang on the front door with a warrant......but to "train" in residential areas without a heads up to HOME OWNERS? :eek:

I don't give a rat's ass if it was a pit bull, golden retriever, chihuahua, or a miniature poodle........it's plain and simple BULL SH!T and I hope the owners are able to get justice, won't bring the dog back, but at least it might set some precedence for the next dog :(

EDIT: I know dogs are looked upon as property, and there won't be much "monetary gain" from a lawsuit, but I would slap every charge I could on them. Trespassing, unlawful entry, property damage........ANYTHING I could. *is very angry*

Snark

Mutts to you
I know Americans tend to be 'sue-happy' but that's exactly what I'd be doing - filing a major lawsuit against the police dept. and officers. Besides the failure to notify anyone of what they were doing - don't you think if you had go through a closed gate of a fenced yard, you'd take a gander at what's IN the yard before opening the gate?? Sheesh! Ya can't fix stupid, I guess...

Members online