The Venting Thread

crazedACD

Jessica. You cannot leave that crap here and not go into detail.
Just...moving and school acceptance crap. When I sent a transcript request in last time, my school lost it and I didn't know for a while. I needed them again, so I sent in a request a few weeks ago. I checked the money order to see if it had been cashed, and it hadn't, so I was freaking out that they lost it again.

But I got an email right after I had heart attack that the school did receive the transcript, so hooray! Now I have to wait to see if I'm accepted. :popcorn:

Lyzelle

Really great link. I know all about having a narcisstic parent... To the point that she has a true personality disorder and doesn't know it. So hard. I love her, but at the same time sometimes I literally can't stand her. Everything is about her always. If she does something for someone else its because it benefits her in some ways even if its just so she will have the recognition. She has to have her hand in everything and maintain control because she honestly believes she is entitled. It's so frustrating, but looking at it for what it is has really opened my eyes and helped me to see her for who she is (NPD and all) and know that she isn't going to change. I live my life far apart from her now. I still keep in touch, but I do not allow her to be too much a part of my life anymore. I'm always cautious with what I share with her and it is what is.
I do believe my mother is a narcissistic parent, and I refuse to maintain contact with her. She, of course, refuses to believe anything is wrong with her or her parenting "style". Her husband is extremely enabling, worse because he's a nice enough guy when you remove her from his life. She's manipulative and thinks she's entitled to everything. I won't indulge her, I don't give her any information about my life, I have her blocked on my phone and my facebook. I moved out, and I didn't look back except to get Zander out.

But it's hard. I feel like I abandoned him, since he's still there and having to deal with it. They take out me leaving on him, since he can't yet. I'm not in any position to help him more than I already have (food, clothes, phone, protecting his "Get the F out of here" fund). It's just a waiting game and hoping he doesn't go insane in the meantime. He's struggling at school because she refuses to provide transportation and his desperation to get out and angst at the whole situation is leaking off into his time at school. He gets in fights a lot, struggles to keep up with schoolwork because of all the ridiculous chores they have him do every single day. She steals his money, refuses to pay for phone, provide transportation, feed him, clothe him, limits his ability to go get a job. He dislocated his hip a couple of years ago and had a lot of damage done to his hip. He needs surgery and physical therapy. But a new fridge and tv was more important to her than his health. He's in an amazing band that gets a LOT of opening gigs around here and she'll lock him in the house and threaten to call the cops so he can't go out. There are locks on the gates and doors, iron bars on the front door, security cameras all around the house. It's her own little prison, where anything goes because it's "her roof". Just one more year, and we can start building him up again and putting him on his own two feet. It's a desperation to get out. And people will do anything when they are desperate. We just keep telling ourselves, one more year. One more year.

And then she'll lose both of her children. And she'll deserve it. My brother is a GOOD kid who could have a LOT of opportunities if he could just have the chance. HE doesn't deserve her. It's so infuriating.

To add to that vent, I haven't heard from him since last night when we dropped him off and her husband started screaming at him. I hope he's okay.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
A young guy just got pretty badly beaten up in the road in front of the house. DH was in the front yard doing yard work and I was in here on the computer and heard yelling and look out too see a guy on the ground in the street and people trying to get him into a van.

When I got out there other people had stopped and the guy was clearly unconscious and what appeared to be older family members were trying to get him into a mini van. I asked the woman if she wanted me to call the cops and she said no, and they got him in the van and left. Other neighbors came outside and I guess he had been jumped and beaten. A girl and her friend had stopped to see what was going on and found the guys phone in the street and called the cops.

I really hope the guy is alright and lord knows if anything will come of it, I don't know if anyone got a good look at the people who did it, but another neighbor said they were hanging out at a house down the street.

Ugh. I love our house but really hate the neighborhood sometimes. I also have a sudden desire to go security camera shopping.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It is really frustrating to me that the news people were urging people to flee their homes and drive south yesterday.

Now 9 people are dead and it seems like a lot of them because they were on the road and the roads were gridlocked...

Grab

He dislocated his hip a couple of years ago and had a lot of damage done to his hip. He needs surgery and physical therapy. But a new fridge and tv was more important to her than his health.

I'd definitely look into emancipation laws. At (I presume) 17, he has enough of a voice that it probably wouldn't be too difficult.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Wasn't told I am working tonight. Friend told me 20 mins before shift. Got here, in the pouring rain, now getting yelled at because the TV is being wonky. We don't advertise TV use. There's nothing I can do about it. Stfu.

LauraLeigh

June bugs.....

EVERYWHERE!!!

Just took the boys out for a pee before bed and was getting bombed by them, there was, I swear, about 20 stuck to the screen door...

I can handle almost any bug, spiders? Centipedes? Flying Ants? Don't love them but they're kinda meh...

June bugs? = Total GROSS out!!!

Grab

My debit card expired at the end of this month. They mailed me the new one several weeks ago. They never mailed me a pin, so I cannot activate the damned thing. This is the second card I've had from them and neither time have I received a PIN number in the mail. The last time my husband got a new card, his PIN arrived a month later. I now have to give up my lunch to go to the bank and have the card activated. Stupid.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Slammed my thumb in the car door.

AND, as if that wasn't bad enough, the **** door LOCKED OVER MY THUMB! My BF had to run back around the car, manually unlock it and unlock from the inside before I was freed. Owwwwww :(

crazedACD

Trying to figure out what is wrong with my leg, because I'm like queen of mystery illnesses.

Google, if my leg looked like ANY of those pictures, I wouldn't be googling.

I also typed "MILD" spider bite. MILD. Not "MY LEG IS FALLING THE EFF OFF AND OOZING GREEN SLIME" pictures. Also, this did NOT help my spider phobia. Not at all. Nononono.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I have several "little" vents.

-Wasp on my pillow last night. I know Millie would try to eat it (the one area where she's not exactly brilliant) and she's allergic so I stayed up for 2 hours just trying to kill the little *******.

-It's 100 degrees and my air conditioner decided to die. It's only going to get hotter (110+ degrees, here we come) and I can't afford to get a replacement at the moment. I'm meltingggg.

-Ant infestation in the kitchen. Ugh.

-Missing keys and credit card.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I got a sunburn on my back yesterday while cleaning up my yard after the storm. It's... probably the most severe I've ever been burned. It hurts just sitting here. My sister got third degree burns on her feet from the sun before and I remember it was really bad. I'm not sure at what I go "Oh yeah this is serious" and get myself to a doctor. What can they do anyway?

Ow.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I forgot today is Sunday. Which means the main road to work is closed for people. o walk/bike/run. There is no way I'm making it to work to open on time :-/

The worst part is... Until I find a new job, my dad is my boss, as of yesterday. When i qas also late, because nobody bothered to tell me about my shift.Which means that any problems (ie being late...) Gets dealt with by the president of my work, rather than my boss, so nobody can claim favouritism. Efffff.

Members online

No members online now.