Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Wow 12 weeks? That is awful! I'm looking forward to spending a year with baby and the dogs and even that doesn't seem long enough!

Jenv your bump is awesome!!!

Taqroy

Okay, chiropractors are AMAZING. I can walk! I got out of bed without cringing! I didn't have to hobble into the bathroom! I didn't have to adjust my stride to walk into work! I am a little sore but I suppose that's to be expected when someone torques your pelvis back into place. And it's infinitely preferable to the stabby pain I was getting before.

Apparently my right hip was higher than my left and my entire pelvis was tilted. And my muscles were locked tight around everything. The chiropractor was awesome and she explained all the adjustments she was going to do beforehand. And she had a bunch of information on pre-natal stuff and doulas and everything. I'm kind of irked that I put this off for so long. Lol.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Question to any Mommies out there.. my neighbor just had a baby (I believe 3 weeks ago) and she seems to be having a hard time.
The baby cries DAY AND NIGHT and I know I've heard her in there trying to sooth her and crying herself. I have run into her in the hallway with baby and she is just so nice and does nothing but apologize for the noise

Any gift or ideas on ways I can help? I was thinking maybe a spa gift certificate.. anything you guys would've really appreciated a 3 weeks after baby arrived?

I know little-nothing about babies this small so I don't even know what she would need baby wise. I know she does cloth diapers and wears her baby though! So maybe that kind of stuff

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Question to any Mommies out there.. my neighbor just had a baby (I believe 3 weeks ago) and she seems to be having a hard time.
The baby cries DAY AND NIGHT and I know I've heard her in there trying to sooth her and crying herself. I have run into her in the hallway with baby and she is just so nice and does nothing but apologize for the noise

Any gift or ideas on ways I can help? I was thinking maybe a spa gift certificate.. anything you guys would've really appreciated a 3 weeks after baby arrived?

I know little-nothing about babies this small so I don't even know what she would need baby wise. I know she does cloth diapers and wears her baby though! So maybe that kind of stuff
high strength ear plugs? :D :p

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Maybe offering to watch her little screamer for a couple hours so she can have some quiet time to collect herself? Or if you go the spa route, may want to include watching the child in case she doesn't have someone to do so?

Taqroy

Maybe a gift of decaf tea/coffee and some puppy love?

ETA: I mean, everyone loves puppies. I think that would be a freaking amazing gift, plus a fabulous de-stresser. And you don't have to watch a screaming baby (which is not even remotely something I would want to do).

jenv101

Bite Club
Okay, chiropractors are AMAZING. I can walk! I got out of bed without cringing! I didn't have to hobble into the bathroom! I didn't have to adjust my stride to walk into work! I am a little sore but I suppose that's to be expected when someone torques your pelvis back into place. And it's infinitely preferable to the stabby pain I was getting before.

Apparently my right hip was higher than my left and my entire pelvis was tilted. And my muscles were locked tight around everything. The chiropractor was awesome and she explained all the adjustments she was going to do beforehand. And she had a bunch of information on pre-natal stuff and doulas and everything. I'm kind of irked that I put this off for so long. Lol.
Glad you found some relief! I agree, Chiros are amazing and can be miracle workers sometimes! Doulas are also great if you feel like you and your hubby want some extra support on the big day (and before and after as well they are there to help you out). We just hired one!

Grab

When we had Clive, I had saved up my vacation time from the year before. So, by saving up two years worth, I was able to just get about a month of paid time when you factored in our paid holidays, etc. But in preparation for that, I had to take unpaid days when I had doctor's appts, etc. Otherwise, like many places, we have no paid time. One of the vets at work, who had not been there a year yet, had to come back to work a week after having her kiddo.

Comparing this to my SIL, who lives in Belgium, who got many weeks of paid time off. Much less stressful time for them.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Fran a giftcard to cottonbabies.com would have been LOVED here. Its cloth diaper based but has so much for the mom and the baby and free shipping on ANYTHING even if you just buy 1 1.50 diaper.

Members online

No members online now.