How to catch a bat

K

Kaydee

I guess if you're in a situation where you have to catch it without help, I'd put on garden or work gloves first-even dishwashing gloves, something...and a net, sheet, if you're really brave a big bucket and something to cover the top till you get it outside.

If it's a room you can just close the door and leave the windows open maybe it'll leave on it's own I don't know. I called animal control here at almost midnight one evening...it's a bird? it's a plane? it's a bat spinning around our bedroom gahhhh. With kids, dog and cats I was scared somebody would catch it.

"The White Lady: A Delighful History of a Rare Albino Bat" by Leonard Dubkin.. thanks for the memory jog Smkie.. long ago favourite book of mine, even though bats in the house are something I'd rather forget!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I use to cut out paper bats for the children in October and have them hung from the ceiling in thin line. I always cut out a small white one in honor of her and read them the story. Thanks for the info~ If my book doesn't come back, I will know where to look. : )

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
We had bats in our attic this spring - DH covered their entrance place (corner of loose screening behind our attic vents) and attached a sock with the toe cut out to the spot so they could fly out but not back in. Worked like a charm!

Members online

No members online now.