Sneaky Puppy!

andy.

When I was training my puppy to go outside to the toilet i simply ignored any accidents in the house and placed her outside just while i cleaned up with an ammonia free cleaner an so she would know that she should be outside, then if ever she went outside i would give her LOADS of praise and a treat for going to the toilet, anyway it wasnt long before she would run to the door and start crying so i would follow her out and she would do her business and i would give her the treat but she was starting to need the toilet more and more often sometimes needing to go out again straight after going to the toilet, so i booked an appointment with the vets, i thought she might have a urinary tract infection or somthing similar, so i wached her going to the toilet and she wasnt urinating and didn't seem be be straining or anything, and i twigged that she was just squatting to get a treat! i kept the appointment to make sure i was right.... shes a sneaky little thing! so from then on i had to actually check that she is going to the toilet not just squatting before the praise and treat :p

Our yorkie girl still does the same thing, we potty pad trained her and everytime she went it was a party and she got a treat.. Well... now she will just walk across the pad, squat and run to the kitchen where the treats are kept.. We laugh at her and say nice try... They are very smart little boogers.

Members online

No members online now.